Tottenham v Gillingham-Football League Cup- 3rd round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great displays from the youngsters - fantastic result and boost of confidence for them

Glad Jannsen finally got off the mark as well

• Janssen goal
  • Onomah goal
  • 5-0
  • Cameron Carter-Vickers living up to Poch's hype
  • Edwards looking good in his (frustratingly short) appearance
Poch_Mission_Accomplished.jpg

Winks looks class. And there's no denying the the messi comparisons in terms of Edwards stature and movement. Ball sticks to his foot like glue!

Very poor opposition let's not forget but some very exciting young ENGLISH talkent in our squad.

Thoughts:

- 5-0 win.
- Carter-Vickers looking ridiculously good at 18 years old.
- Winks bossing the game in central midfield.
- Onomah really stepping it up in the second half, great finish too.
- Our experienced players like Lamela and Eriksen making a mark. Three assists and a goal for Lamela!
- Edwards getting game time, if that goal went in, what a moment that would have been.
- N'Koudou is real.

Winks looks class. And there's no denying the the messi comparisons in terms of Edwards stature and movement. Ball sticks to his foot like glue!

Very poor opposition let's not forget but some very exciting young ENGLISH talkent in our squad.
And AMERICAN

What an enjoyable evening! Great performance, everybody stepped up and looked like they wanted to play and play nice too.

Winks, CCV, Onomah all very good games - what an academy! Great little cameo from Marcus too, looks very handy. Lamela and Eriksen absolutely superb against weaker opposition, showing their ability. Janssen's link up was incredible and you could see he was very relieved to get a goal.

Great stuff Poch, you're the fucking man.

Edwards looks like a player you create on FIFA or ISS and give him minimum height and weight and maximum dribble just for jokes

Anyone notice how Eriksen barely looked bothered about his own two goals, but when Janssen scored he looked as happy as I've ever seen him. :eriksenserious::eriksenlol:

Thought this during the pre-season. I fully believe Winks has a much higher ceiling than Mason, as well as being far less injury-prone.

If you consider us 'swapping' them by selling Mason, I'd say we've upgraded.

Really enjoyed the game tonight and being at WHL under the lights on a warm evening. Great to see the encouragement and backing for Janssen throughout and I think he appreciated it too.

Back
Top Bottom