Tottenham v Gillingham-Football League Cup- 3rd round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I realise it's hardly against top class opposition..... but Carroll has looked absolutely class so far!! spraying passes about beautifully, coming deep to shift the ball from the defence into the attacking players, neat and tidy as always.... I'm impressed

Winks and Carroll against a team set up to defend actually works lovely. Nice pairing for distribution!

Still think Winks is better in every aspect and I actually think Winks wouldn't have looked out of place at the weekend against Sunderland alongside someone like Wanyama or Dembele tbh.

It's absurd how many good defenders we have at the club right now. The back 4 we have out there right now (Trippier, CCV, Wimmer, Davies) is 2nd choice across the board and still would be one of the best in the PL just by themselves.

The depth Poch has built there is just amazing.

We have to make this domination pay. Also we must make sure it doesn't make us too cosy & we get complacent.
One long ball/once chance is all it takes
I wish more would take responsibility for trying to put it in the net and make the runs into the box. Not just stop when they get to the edge of it.
Janssen doesn't have to be the furthest forward.

It reminds me of the Barca Celtic game, except we are not continuing the 1/2 passing into the box and then into the net.

If we get another 2 goals I'd love to see Edwards on. This game is made for him.

Edit: just like that

Back
Top Bottom