Tottenham v Barnsley in the whatever it's called cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DKHWVuQX0AAssjg.jpg

Bit harsh on Bale.

Well I'm actually really looking forward to watching the live draw tomorrow night. Always gives me a buzz when Spurs are involved. Whatever the competition

It might be a low rate trophy but I would be quite happy if we won it. No trophy since 2008 is irritating with the squad we have had since then and now have.

Players want to win things and I want spurs to win trophies, it's a great habit and winning a cup can lead to better things

I would love for us to win it!

A trophy is a trophy.

Edwards will never play for our first team Im starting to feel

Pretty much.
He's already made his debut.

Fancy a wager, lads?

I've seen him in the flesh a couple times and he will 100% play again for the 1st team. He is mustard.

Age of debuts:

Harry Winks - 19
Nabil Bentaleb - 19
Ryan Mason - 18
Harry Kane - 19
Danny Rose - 19
Kyle Walker - 19
Tom Carroll - 19
Kyle Walker-Peters - 20
Cameron Carter-Vickers - 18

Marcus Edwards - 17

Taking that all into account it's quite easy to suggest you're both talking fraff here and are being unnecessarily negative over a player who debuted younger than any of our most recent debutants who excelled. Not only that, he is still currently younger than all of them were at their debut bar CCV and Mason.

If history is anything to go by, he's got at least 2 seasons before nonsense like ''he won't make it here'' can be said.

He's walking the same path as any other youngster Poch has dealt with. Not only that, he's just signed a 3 year contract.

Ye of little faith.

It's not immature to act like that at all. Pochettino tends to weaken his teams for this competition because it's low priority. It's well below the FA Cup and the Champions League and Premier League are high priority.

I expected us to play our full strength team in games that matter. It's a shame that Aurier has come in, played well in the Champions League and then dropped for a clearly inferior player a few days later - I personally hope Aurier doesn't play midweek because Trippier needs to be told he's a cup player and a second string player and that's all he will ever be.
No didn't you hear United won it last year it's important now.

It might be a low rate trophy but I would be quite happy if we won it. No trophy since 2008 is irritating with the squad we have had since then and now have.

Players want to win things and I want spurs to win trophies, it's a great habit and winning a cup can lead to better things

I'm not sure how the MK v Wembley debate helps any more. We are at Wembley because it was decided that MK was not a large enough stadium & it is a pain in the arse for London based fans to get to. Bearing in mind Spurs is a London club, I don't think that's an unreasonable stance. Our new stadium will be closer to the size/area of Wembley than MK. I actually think that our time at Wembley will prepare us well for moving back into our bigger, better WHL. But my opinion means nothing here, because we are at Wembley for this season. It's done & dusted & cant be changed. It's therefore making the best of a bad lot for those who don't like it. Fans can make the atmosphere better. What does concern me is what I've read on here about the stewarding. It seems that they are keen to make sure that there is no atmosphere. (In fairness though, I've been once this year & the stewards were fine)

But again, why do people have to stand to sing? I can sing/shout just as loudly whether I'm on my feet or my arse. I won't be quiet just because I've been asked to sit down. It ain't the fucking theatre.

TLDR: We are stuck with wembley this term. Falling out about it is pointless.

Back
Top Bottom