Tottenham v Barnsley in the whatever it's called cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you telling me this trophy is highly rated and it's top of our priority?

I imagine it's absolutely bottom of yours and everyone elses list.
I don't regard any trophy as "low rate". It's immature to act like.

And do you really think that we bought Aurier to play him just in your "low rate" cups and as a sub? With him and Sanchez coming it it's quite obvious Trippier and Davies will feature more in the cups than PL, especially with Danny Rose also coming back and us also playing three at the back more often.

I don't regard any trophy as "low rate". It's immature to act like.

And do you really think that we bought Aurier to play him just in your "low rate" cups and as a sub? With him and Sanchez coming it it's quite obvious Trippier and Davies will feature more in the cups than PL, especially with Danny Rose also coming back and us also playing three at the back more often.

It's not immature to act like that at all. Pochettino tends to weaken his teams for this competition because it's low priority. It's well below the FA Cup and the Champions League and Premier League are high priority.

I expected us to play our full strength team in games that matter. It's a shame that Aurier has come in, played well in the Champions League and then dropped for a clearly inferior player a few days later - I personally hope Aurier doesn't play midweek because Trippier needs to be told he's a cup player and a second string player and that's all he will ever be.

It's not immature to act like that at all. Pochettino tends to weaken his teams for this competition because it's low priority. It's well below the FA Cup and the Champions League and Premier League are high priority.

I expected us to play our full strength team in games that matter. It's a shame that Aurier has come in, played well in the Champions League and then dropped for a clearly inferior player a few days later - I personally hope Aurier doesn't play midweek because Trippier needs to be told he's a cup player and a second string player and that's all he will ever be.
No didn't you hear United won it last year it's important now.

It might be a low rate trophy but I would be quite happy if we won it. No trophy since 2008 is irritating with the squad we have had since then and now have.

Players want to win things and I want spurs to win trophies, it's a great habit and winning a cup can lead to better things

We have one less PL point than this time last season, but we're a cup side now?
To achieve what we did last season in the PL again is not going to happen. At WHL we only dropped 4 points, weve already dropped 7. The team is good and will achieve something this year, it just wont be the PL. . We will be highly motivated for the cups.

That's the Europa League not the EFL Cup. This is a Europa league place.

Whatever I'll take it but it's 6th in importance to me:

1) Champions League title
2) League title
T3) Top 4
T3) FA Cup
5) Europa League title
6) EFL cup
Oh, sorry, didn't read your post properly. Though you were talking about the Europa.

Back
Top Bottom