Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh well, life goes on.

My wife's sexy friend is round so I'll perve over her, watch some mindless TV and have an early night.

One advantage of pre-Alzies is that I'll have forgotten all about it tomorrow

Son came on as a sub last week and looked good

started the game today and way off the pace

took his man on early on, the defender eased him off the ball no sweat

There really was no point keeping him on, in the second half every time he had space he just stood still

Is a little bit concerning how Maddison, Bentancur and Bissouma have all looked like shadows of their former selves since coming back from injuries. Bentancur maybe was inevitable with an ACL but still.

That is the big thing we need to fix. On paper we have a killer midfield but not with all of them off it.

No, it’s normal for players to take some time to regain their form after an injury.

It doesn’t help when you’ve had as many injuries as what we’ve had in one go though, that’s what’s killed us. That’s why we need to use the next couple of weeks as a mini pre season

I appreciate the overall sentiment, but that’s not how professional sport works. There’s not some mythical point when everything suddenly clicks.

From where we were and, more importantly, how we were playing, limping to 6th or 7th in the league is a regression and the team need to accept that.

There has to be anger in the team. If there isn’t, we’ll never get anywhere.
Yep, have to take advantage of the position we've put ourselves in. Do you think Woolwich were happy to finish 2nd just because they had no expectations of being there or us losing the Champions League final? Absolutely not. It's going to do us no favors failing to finish without Champions League football.

Yeh , ball watching , the lot of them .
Schoolboy errors
Biss loses it on the edge of the box and then royal lets Nieto get to the box rather than sprint out and try keep him wide. He then does fuck all and lets him turn in to his good foot and pick out Gomez who’s ran the full length of the pitch to score. Biss should be sprinting back to redeem himself and he’s the closest to Gomez when he scores. The only 3 players in our squad who give everything g in every sprint is VDV, Romero and Porro.

So if Man Utd who most people would agree have been largely shit this season finish above us.

How can anyone claim this has been a good season?

Bad enough finishing below Villa, at least they are having a good season. But finishing below United as well, and out of both cups early doors.

This season is deteriorating into a steaming pile of shit

My wife's sexy friend is round so I'll perve over her

Keke Palmer Reaction GIF

So if Man Utd who most people would agree have been largely shit this season finish above us.

Bad enough finishing below Villa, at least they are having a good season. But finishing below United as well, and out of both cups early doors.

Utd had champions league and Anthony on the wing if they finish above us it's a failure considering how many points we were ahead too

Upside - I’m home earlier than usual by dint of leaving early (yes, sacrilege I hear you cry - well, the writing was on the wall from early on and I pay an obscene amount for the ‘privilege’ of sitting in near deathly silence every game).

Downside - that’s us finished this season. Teams with bigger bollocks will dare, achieve and have fun. We should all know by now that this tinpot outfit will never have nice things!

Tactics - yeah, let’s talk XG, inverted wingers, pressing and low blocks! Nah. Bollocks to that. Make mistakes get punished. Can’t keep the ball, pass incisively, beat yet man and shoot on target - you’ll get nothing.

We’ve got our Tottenham back! Meanwhile proper football teams are doing what proper football teams do….

We were bang average against a shite UTD side too
Possibly but, that's the last time we played half decent.
Think the club, whenever they have good chances to push on, they blow it, it's a shame but past caring anymore.
Club won't win anything, whoever the manager or players are, it's the same soft dross just sick of it.
We were bang average against a shite UTD side too

Last edited:
Upside - I’m home earlier than usual by dint of leaving early (yes, sacrilege I hear you cry - well, the writing was on the wall from early on and I pay an obscene amount for the ‘privilege’ of sitting in near deathly silence every game).

Downside - that’s us finished this season. Teams with bigger bollocks will dare, achieve and have fun. We should all know by now that this tinpot outfit will never have nice things!

Tactics - yeah, let’s talk XG, inverted wingers, pressing and low blocks! Nah. Bollocks to that. Make mistakes get punished. Can’t keep the ball, pass incisively, beat yet man and shoot on target - you’ll get nothing.

We’ve got our Tottenham back! Meanwhile proper football teams are doing what proper football teams do….
Yep villa will get fourth, utd will be breathing down our necks, we will shit our pants as always.

You take out Porro and Udogie and replace them with Davies (in fairness was OK) and Emerson(shocking) a

Ever since the Spurs crowd seemed to hold him personally responsible for Conte's wingback system failing, I've found a large section of Spurs fans attitude to Emerson Royal utterly baffling.

In what way was Royal "shocking" today? Kept one of the best and most in form wingers in the PL relatively quiet all day. Constantly moving and showing for the ball as his inverted role demands - generally neat and tidy and recycling to better ball users as Ange has asked him. Had a decent shot and put in several good crosses.

He misplaced two passes all day afaicr. The second one almost led to a goal for them but HE blocked it. If he was "slow" in ballmovement he wasn't exactly Robinson fucking Crusoe in that department.

Yes he's not nearly as good on the ball as Porro - but Porro has done fuck all with the ball this year. In fact Royal's movement and showing was better than Porro's has been for quite some time. I put that down to fatigue on Porro's part but still...

Compare this to Bissouma who had no impact on the game and was directly responsible for their second goal (which Royal had defended perfectly well to stop Neto and turn him back when one on one).

We all know Porro is first choice and fair enough. But this weird need for Spurs fans to pretend like Royal being on the pitch is the reason we play badly is utter fucking bollocks. So strange.

Well, we avoided relegation :freundgoal:

At least I think we have :avbcringe:

Back
Top Bottom