Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

38953-F18-27-A9-4297-9535-6-E6-E49746-D95.jpg

Fair

We have lost 3 of our last 4 EPL games v Wolves.

All the results this century:

06 Dec 2003Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersW5-2Premier League
15 May 2004Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurW0-2Premier League
12 Dec 2009Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersL0-1Premier League
10 Feb 2010Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurL1-0Premier League
18 Sep 2010Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersW3-1Premier League
06 Mar 2011Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurD3-3Premier League
10 Sep 2011Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurW0-2Premier League
14 Jan 2012Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersD1-1Premier League
03 Nov 2018Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurW2-3Premier League
29 Dec 2018Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersL1-3Premier League
15 Dec 2019Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurW1-2Premier League
01 Mar 2020Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersL2-3Premier League
27 Dec 2020Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurD1-1Premier League
16 May 2021Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersW2-0Premier League
22 Aug 2021Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurW0-1Premier League
22 Sep 2021Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurW2-2League Cup
13 Feb 2022Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersL0-2Premier League
20 Aug 2022Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersW1-0Premier League
04 Mar 2023Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurL1-0Premier League
11 Nov 2023Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurL2-1Premier League

Spurs are to good to be true
Can’t take my eyes off of you
You play one and two touch
I wanna watch you so much
Now that Ange has arrived
I thank Son I’m alive
Spurs are to good to be true
We’re gonna steamroller you

Dana dana da da da da nana

i’ll get my coat

No the point of a striker is to help his TEAM score the most amount of goals possible. So yes, individual scoring is obviously correlated to team scoring, but If the chance creation is so focused on the striker and it takes away more chances from other players, it doesn’t help the team.

It’s too simple to say that the strikers only job is to score goals. More individual goals doesn’t always equal better.

That said, Richy has been good lately but won’t continue to score at this rate and he’s probably not good enough overall to give him a starting spot without competition. I’d like to see us purchase an established winger next year and rotate richy and son at CF.
...are we in serious danger of becoming the Harry Kane Richarlison team?? :richtongue:

No the point of a striker is to help his TEAM score the most amount of goals possible. So yes, individual scoring is obviously correlated to team scoring, but If the chance creation is so focused on the striker and it takes away more chances from other players, it doesn’t help the team.

It’s too simple to say that the strikers only job is to score goals. More individual goals doesn’t always equal better.

That said, Richy has been good lately but won’t continue to score at this rate and he’s probably not good enough overall to give him a starting spot without competition. I’d like to see us purchase an established winger next year and rotate richy and son at CF.
I'd rather we purchase a better CF to push Richie (potentially out of the team, even, if Veliz can begin to come on next season) and let Son remain where he has historically been best. Son's done a good job as a CF in spots, but I really don't think he can hold that position in a more full time role.

Last edited:
The only thing that could be worse than having to live in Wolverhampton would be losing twice to Wolverhampton

You say that, but last time I was in Wolverhampton I ended up in a late night roast dinner shop outside the University campus. Carved beef and roast potatoes covered in gravy on a yorkshire pud at 1am? Fuck yeah.

Admittedly everything else is shit.

A hard match incoming. Not even sure we ever have easy games, which is frustrating.

We have no excuses and all the motivation in the world, but we all know it won't be plain sailing.

We aren't quite clicking, which Postecoglou has to put right, but it's also quite difficult to understand what tbat missing link is.

2-1 or 3-1 to either side.

A hard match incoming. Not even sure we ever have easy games, which is frustrating.

We have no excuses and all the motivation in the world, but we all know it won't be plain sailing.

We aren't quite clicking, which Postecoglou has to put right, but it's also quite difficult to understand what tbat missing link is.

2-1 or 3-1 to either side.

No such thing as easy games in the premier league (unless you're chelsea or Woolwich playing against fucking Wet Spam).

We aren't losing this game 3-1.

You say that, but last time I was in Wolverhampton I ended up in a late night roast dinner shop outside the University campus. Carved beef and roast potatoes covered in gravy on a yorkshire pud at 1am? Fuck yeah.

Admittedly everything else is shit.

That actually sounds banging after a night out.

At our uni campus, the christian society used to set up a stall outside the students union to give out toast to the unruly drunken mob leaving in the early hours.

Helped myself to a stackful of toast and scarpered on many an occasion!

:levylol:

We have our best back 5 together again but are still conceding goals and plenty of chances. Should we be worried? Understat have us currently ranked 7th worst in the league for expected goals against (xGA).

I think a lot of this is down to Angeball rather than the quality of players we have. We've seen this pattern in other teams he's managed. For example, in his first season at Yokohama he ranked 2nd in the league for goals scored, but 3rd worst for goals conceded. But the next season he won the league. Hopefully something similar happens here, but I think we're going to continue to look a bit leaky whoever plays.

We have our best back 5 together again but are still conceding goals and plenty of chances. Should we be worried? Understat have us currently ranked 7th worst in the league for expected goals against (xGA).

I think a lot of this is down to Angeball rather than the quality of players we have. We've seen this pattern in other teams he's managed. For example, in his first season at Yokohama he ranked 2nd in the league for goals scored, but 3rd worst for goals conceded. But the next season he won the league. Hopefully something similar happens here, but I think we're going to continue to look a bit leaky whoever plays.

XGA or goals you concede doesn't just rely solely on the defence or back 5, it relies on the entire team.

You'll never sing that.

Seriously though, who cares about that xG bollocks?

Back
Top Bottom