Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are conceding such soft goals at the moment, to concede a free header on a Wolves corner is bad enough but to lose the game on your own corner is just embarrassing. There is still a really weak mentality in our team that means people get lazy and lose concentration far too often.

To avoid that first goal all we had to do was have just one player paying attention and attacking the first ball. But they were all away with the fairies. The desire that we had earlier in the season has completely evaporated. Maybe the pressure of the top 4 race has got into them? Are they going to turn back into wimps and fade away again? Ange has a job on to get these players ready for battle again. It was exactly this time last season when we fell out of the top 4 and never recovered.

Romero too. That there tells us what went wrong today. Keeper and 2 centre backs were our best players. VDV is the one who actually passes the ball with a bit of purpose to a wide player. Romero is more the entice the opposition in type.
Definitely the most disappointed I’ve been this season but I don’t get too high or too low with winning and losing. You can’t be great every week the same as we can’t be poor every week. What today does show is we still have a long way to get to the level of the 3 challengers. I thought we were closer but until we get front players that cause teams problems for large parts of games then we’ll always come up short.
Watching city earlier and they just keep asking questions. They play a similar type of game to us but it’s so much quicker,aggressive and constant and the opposition can’t get settled for any period. That’s where we are trying to get to but with our front 3 today and Johnson and Werner we will never get close to that.
Are You Sure Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

If we had won today, we could have been 3 points behind City of Manchester- a big "if"
On a side note, the kids didn't like the sausage casserole I made, how disappointing
If you think sausage casserole is bas, when I was last in the US I was offered green bean casserole....ugh...give me sausage casserole every time...the green bean thing was made with tinned mushroom soup....*gagging*

FFS

Saw us lose 2-1 at home , miserable weather , miserable game and I’ve just fallen down the fucking stairs and fucked my knee up . They say these bad things come in threes so still got something shit still to happen.Yippee

It really bloody hurts
Was it the right knee or the wrong knee?
Reminds me: That "Card Factory" customer service is useless.
They would not exchange my "Get Well Soon" card for a bereavement card.

Maybe this is true. It's either a real thing or it's just confirmation bias of some kind. If it IS true, then maybe the problem is that, unlike other tops teams, we don't dope? Dippers and Shitty clearly dope, there's evidence and history of it. Count Dracula probably has some spare blood he's giving the other villains and there's no reason to assume Legoman didn't grab that doping docs number on the way out.

Our medical history would suggest we don't dope (doping improves recovery and ours is shit) and you wouldn't get a fade-off mid-season if you're paying for the good stuff. One thing is for sure, if we ever win the PL, we'll be the only team ever to do so the 'right way'*.

*Fuck you, Joe Hart, you proper muppet.
The "conspiracy theorists" are out and about.....

Was it the right knee or the wrong knee?
Reminds me: That "Card Factory" customer service is useless.
They would not exchange my "Get Well Soon" card for a bereavement card.
Now they are both knackered , the right was already kaput . On the bright side I can take the chandelier down in the bedroom , i’ll never be able to swing on that again

Last edited:
The subs are wild. Five up by 70 mins
Yeah I don't just mean the subs to be fair were still changing starting 11 too much Porro, Udogie, Son, Bissouma and Sarr in one game doesn't offer much consistency.

Especially considering the often amount of chopping and changing before recently

I thought we looked disjointed today. There wasn't any of the normal quick passing into feet in the phase after turning over the ball because we know where and when certain players are going to be. Maybe it was because Wolves had prepared well, maybe it was because the ultra important FB's were both changed, but it just didn't feel as fluid as it has done. Ah well, I'd rather occasionally see us lose playing front foot tactics that once in a while grab a lucky victory by playing antifootball.

One thing though, I wouldn't mind seeing a few more 18-20 yd potshots from our midfielders. I don't think we try this enough. Hit the target and you never know what will come of it. Goals/knock downs/mayhem. I'm sure there's a good statistical reason we don't do it, but it would be fun to watch.

Onwards and upwards. COYS.

Well I won’t be saying hi for a bit now , I can’t walk . Hoping the Ibuprofen kicks in soon
Alternative hot and cold. Peas from the freezer, hot water bottle for about 30 minutes if you can stand it. You can safely take up to 800mgs of Ibuprofen (Brufen) without doing yourself any damage. Fairly common dosage as NSAID post op. Bone bruising and associated swelling are nasty. The Ibuprofen should help with pain and inflammation. Rest it. No kicking Mrs. Vanderlay for a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom