Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On another day, pretty much any forward would have got that Richy header and not many professional top level players would have made that utterly stupid Udogie back pass……..
Always tomorrow, never today was the problem last season. These crapouts are happening far too much and we've got to get a grip before we throw the whole season away.

While the TV commentators were gushing over the Angeball in the first half, I was thinking "Hang on, we've created hardly any clear cut chances because West Ham are cutting off our wingers and frustrating our play in the final third. They have an effective strategy that could pay off if we don't raise our game in the second half".

At the moment, the message is that any team with an orgainsed defence can pick up a result against us. That's got to stop.

I'm starting to be really irritated by postecoglus....mate, mate, mate
Is he out of his depth or is this him sticking to his principals and showing how bad levy has fucked up this squad...I'm genuinely asking people's opinions as I'm not sure what I think at the moment...apart from fucking frustrated and irritated to be honest

Moyse pulled Ange’s pants down, let’s face it. They came out a different side 2nd half. Part bollocking I suspect but also part tactical. They worked us out.

On Ange - it’s not a binary issue, either pro or anti - because it’s possible to both marvel at some of the football we are playing and at the same time see that we are one dimensional and naive.

Fella next to me said mid-first half that we were missing a proper striker and he’s right. The chances we’ve missed in our last 3 home games have bitten us. We both agreed there was a good chance of losing tonight despite being 1-0 up because we’ve seen this script before.

1 point out of 15 is simply not good enough, despite the obvious progress in certain areas.

It wasn’t so much a problem of putting the chance away in the first half tonight but the quality of the final ball. Kulu became very predictable very quickly but at least he kept asking for the ball. Son and Johnson had shockers and then hid. The front three is a huge worry.

Cold, wet and fed up on the way home. Really not sure we’ll see anything different on Sunday.
One of the hardest things to find is a player who has a goal scorer's mentality. I always had the feeling with Harry Kane that he didn't just want to score, it was like a need and he would be fearless and relentless until he got at least one goal. Spurs have got talented players, but even Son doesn't strike me as having that mentality. That will be a challenge in the transfer windows. Where do you find that kind of player?

Son is the only natural finisher in team. West ham put two on him so was anonymous. We need a striker. I'd play richarlison to spearhead attack v geordies and put Son on left. Johnson as much as I have high Hope's deserves to be dropped sunday. We must buy a striker in january. Vlahovic I've heard. Personally I'd prefer oshimen.

He probably doesn't have the pace to get past his man on the outside and cutting in from the left puts him on his wrong foot.
It's not a question of pace, he did it a fair amount in his first season. He lacks the mentality to just commit to a move, always goes for the comfort zone now.

Need to stick with it.

It’s pretty obvious to see but it’s not going to be easy to do that.

Long season
I think most of us would have accepted an improvement in the football, a visible longer term plan and team building and top 6 at the start of the season.

The first 10 games raised expectations to an absurd level though even though we rode our luck in several of those. I dont think our football was any better in those than against Villa, City or first half tonight. It would just be nice to be a bit more resilient though and tonight is a real pisser

Son is the only natural finisher in team. West ham put two on him so was anonymous. We need a striker. I'd play richarlison to spearhead attack v geordies and put Son on left. Johnson as much as I have high Hope's deserves to be dropped sunday. We must buy a striker in january. Vlahovic I've heard. Personally I'd prefer oshimen.
Son on the left is rubbish now. He hasn’t played well there in forever.

You can't blame injuries on that result at all. Their first goal was a lucky as fuck deflection, 99/100 times that goes anywhere but perfectly in the path of their oncoming striker, however we only had 1 of our first choice players missing in the completely toothless front 4 in Madds, Lo Celso is far from the biggest step down in the squad to a backup player either, and their 2nd goal was 100% Udogies massive fuck up, who is first choice at LB. Having VDV in wouldn't have mattered a fuck for either of their goals.

VDV is such a difference maker..... His pace is a massive safety net..... And that relieves pressure, breeds calm and liberates Udogie as well.

Said as early as the aftermath of the chav game; his absence is bigger than Romero or Madz and I stand by it.

Absolutely; our attack was the biggest let down again as you have to capitalise when you're as dominant as we were in the 1st halves of WH & AV (and of course Madz would have been a welcome asset), but G1 was bad luck and G2 was preventable with a calmer back line.

Last edited:
One of the hardest things to find is a player who has a goal scorer's mentality. I always had the feeling with Harry Kane that he didn't just want to score, it was like a need and he would be fearless and relentless until he got at least one goal. Spurs have got talented players, but even Son doesn't strike me as having that mentality. That will be a challenge in the transfer windows. Where do you find that kind of player?
Extremely rare breed to have that level of desire but also a world class ability to deliver. Haaland is another ofc

Bayern Munich

We got our Tottenham back...

Those fans chanting that deserve everything. The cuckold mentality of bending over for ENIC is embedded in our club.

Kane gone and we sign Brennan Johnson.

Levy and ENIC have done well finding so many mugs who are happy to pay top dollar for crap.
Who wanted him though? There were plants of players for that money who are better. Never wanted him for that money but his here now so want him to do well. However he is not pulling up any trees. Has no real technical skills and on the left generally can’t be bothered to beat his man. To boot his lazy and offers nothing in terms of press or tracking back.

I said that before just put him on the left and get the ball in early. It’s so obvious it’s mental we don’t even try that during games to mix it up. It’s called insanity doing the same thing over and over again. What is it that Ange cannot see and is scared of by not doing it. All the top mangers would try diff things in games. We just do the sane thing repeatedly!
I agree.. we do that tikki moves (which is not bad from time to time/match to match) all the time. The opp will just camp in their own quarter - spurs love to plough thru heavy traffic - have you noticed?

You're not going to score like that- as in walking the ball through the goal-line.

we dont vary our game style according to our opponent or have a few fast breaks with broken plays.
we tend to wait for the formation.

The real tragedy is put harry kane up top in this team he’d have 25 goals and we’d be top of the league
An even bigger tragedy is that we banked the fucking money instead of heavily investing in a quality replacement.
We reap what we sow. The whole situation is a disgrace. A farce.
No other fanbase of a big club would so meekly accept being shafted by its owners.

Back
Top Bottom