Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suspect we will loose to Newcastle, did say after villa in match thread we'll likely loose 6 straight games

We'll recover after that I think, but still be very bumpy.

Need to go back to how we were all thinking at the start of the season, just looking out for green shoots and progress . We all got a bit carried away with out start
I agree - Ange said there would be bumps, this is part of it and I accept it. Injuries yadda yadda as well But we absolutely must (MUST!!!) get a clinical 1 in 2 centre forward if we want results from Angeball, The whole system is focussed on creating chances from overloads and we are not taking those chances because we don't nt have that player. We had the best one in Europe, we sold him. I can take the chances/goals we concede tactically, I can't take us not taking the chances we create consistently.

On another day, pretty much any forward would have got that Richy header and not many professional top level players would have made that utterly stupid Udogie back pass……..

Shit goes against you sometimes.

The Villa game being the perfect example. The margins between that being a 4-0 win and a 2-1 loss were very thin.

We need to find some rage and channel it into conviction to win this way.

Just watched the goals back....

ARE WE FUCKING DOING THIS DELIBERATELY TO FUCK WITH OUR FANS?

the last 5 games we've gone 1-0 up in ALL of them, and come away with ONE FUCKING POINT (which inadvertently helped the Arse)
I'm genuinely starting to think Spurs players HATE their fans!

The last 3 home defeats have been totally self inflicted!

What the FUCK is going on?

The one where we straightened up with Kulu in the 10

U said "WINNING" and "formula".......... Wanna try again?

Kulu @ #10 was one game where a) we didn't win and b) our play vastly improved when we reverted to a 3 man MF of Biss, GLC & PEH.

the problem is the "we'll play-like-this-no-matter-what" the 50 passes to forward 10 metres. mentality is like that even at the opposition penalty box - it's useless.
You need to shoot and not think where can I find the next player to pass. You need fast breaks at time when the opp hadn't regrouped. You don't because you want the 'formation' even at the last quarter.

You need to vary your style with the tikki's.

That's what i see in the last few matches. You can moan/groan about being unlucky but the style do us in each time, Score early but nothing (no end product) in the next 80 min.

Moyse pulled Ange’s pants down, let’s face it. They came out a different side 2nd half. Part bollocking I suspect but also part tactical. They worked us out.

On Ange - it’s not a binary issue, either pro or anti - because it’s possible to both marvel at some of the football we are playing and at the same time see that we are one dimensional and naive.

Fella next to me said mid-first half that we were missing a proper striker and he’s right. The chances we’ve missed in our last 3 home games have bitten us. We both agreed there was a good chance of losing tonight despite being 1-0 up because we’ve seen this script before.

1 point out of 15 is simply not good enough, despite the obvious progress in certain areas.

It wasn’t so much a problem of putting the chance away in the first half tonight but the quality of the final ball. Kulu became very predictable very quickly but at least he kept asking for the ball. Son and Johnson had shockers and then hid. The front three is a huge worry.

Cold, wet and fed up on the way home. Really not sure we’ll see anything different on Sunday.

the problem is the "we'll play-like-this-no-matter-what" the 50 passes to forward 10 metres. If your mentality is like even at the opposition penalty box - it's useless.

You need to shoot and not think where can I find the next player to pass. You need fast breaks at time when the opp hadn't regrouped. You don't because you want the 'formation' even at the last quarter.

You need to vary your style with the tikki's.

That's what i see in the last few matches. You can moan/groan about being unlucky but the style do us in each time, Score early but nothing (no end product) in the next 80 min.

We had 20+ shots mate.

It's not like we decided not to shoot at the goal. We lacked true conviction to make it count however. As everyone, including Ange has stated.

bringing it up randomly in a game we literally gifted goals away insulates that the ref was to blame and if you genuinely can't see that then that's up to you.

our team let us down again and it's a total joke how we respond to adversity.

We were discussing Maddison returning and how much we missed him and I brought up the referees not giving our players protection then ffs

I won’t be responding as this sort of stupid argument is what you do and I can’t be bothered frankly so have the last word why don’t you
Knock yourself out

Last edited:
Just watched the goals back....

ARE WE FUCKING DOING THIS DELIBERATELY TO FUCK WITH OUR FANS?

the last 5 games we've gone 1-0 up in ALL of them, and come away with ONE FUCKING POINT (which inadvertently helped the Arse)
I'm genuinely starting to think Spurs players HATE their fans!

The last 3 home defeats have been totally self inflicted!

What the FUCK is going on?

Not to go down a melt road because I’m sure we will be fine.

BUT

I’m convinced the Spurs business model is based on the fact that negative emotions are more addictive than positive ones.

Going to fuck the season off for a bit until we start winning. Not bothering with any other prem games either. It’s all a bit numb and meh this year.

Back
Top Bottom