Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a good reminder. When I got to the South Stand Atrium, before the game, there were two young, tall, skinny black guys wearing red stuff and asking a steward for directions - then they disappered into the crowd. I thought to myself, 'surely not', but I swear they were goons. Looked like they were probably vloggers, out to create any upset they could.

It kicked off with two Woolwich fans in the south stand so I suspect it was them.

VAR was meant to be about "clear and obvious" situations!

Not about looking for millimeters of offsides.

The system is used for all the wrong reasons in England, to benefit the biggest clubs.

You only need a fan-boy referee in the VAR-room, to swing decisions in the"right direction".

Sometimes Sky don't even show replays of dubious situations, you need to ask the question why!

PL is the biggest league in the world, with the biggest money available. I think you need to be very naive to think there are no corruption going on.

This also gets me so annoyed - the lack of replays.
With all the cameras and tech, oh but suddenly there is a shortage of footage. How convenient! Absolutely nothing dodgy going on! Then you get the commentators chatting about random shit instead of discussing the blindingly obvious foul on a Spurs player or whatever it may be etc.

Wow!!! Unlucky for him he wore the see through one over the darker one!!
Judging by the back of his head, could he be the ONE S.Korean Gooner and just assumed he'd get away with it?

More likely he was hedging his bets!! Picked the wrong team dumbass!!
Unless it was actually the substituted Odorousgard wearing his favourite players shirt?

There were two in the "Paxton". I went down for a leak just before half time,to met by the sight of a mate screaming at them to fuck off. I calmed him down,as I didn't want to see him banned. Apparently,they didn't even try to hide it after the 3rd goal went in. Arrogant pair of fuckers.
Whilst I have done it as well,I have always behaved myself and kept quiet. Not these two. Seemed shocked that someone was having a go at them. If it had been 10minutes later,I hate to think what would have happened.

At last years NLD, I followed a Woolwich fan in through the south stand turnstiles, he was blatantly wearing a top. Walked past 3 stewards, who ignored fans telling them there will be trouble if they don't remove him. Took a supporter to tell the gooner in no uncertain terms what would happen to him, he covered his top up.. But the Stewards were useless.

There you go Ref Watch Van’s goal should have stood. We should have had two penalties.
Michael Oliver is a total bastard he hates us with a passion and it shows the intentions of these Refs to hand the league to the scum.

Calming down enough to be coherent.
Why the fuck do we let Ben White sit on Vickky without anyone going in on White. Been happening since City. Then Madds started doing it then we stopped again. Madness. That's on Ange.

We don't practice the dark arts. Just too fucking nice.
Ref was a joke. Not to give the Ben Davies one, when standing 3 yards away was criminal. Did they even look at the Kulu one.

Gave them a 3 goal start. Not earned, given. Ball stops for 5-6 seconds on virtually every attack. Like we stop to think or scared to take a chance.

Started PEH. He's shit every time we face the scum.

Fifty years supporting us and now I gave to want us to lose to City.

Love Ange, but got to question what's happening at the back.

I didn’t watch but let me make a bet that not one real NLD challenge went in!!

The moment they let the Kulusevski penalty go and Saka scored, somebody needed to go through a few of their players and end a couple of seasons like Chelsea did to us.

There you go Ref Watch Van’s goal should have stood. We should have had two penalties.
Michael Oliver is a total bastard he hates us with a passion and it shows the intentions of these Refs to hand the league to the scum.

Shows the intention of the premier league that they chose Oliver.

Shows how much of a piss weak culture this club has that we’ve never publicly called Oliver out and pressured them not to assign him to ours games.

You have a link to the ref watch?

That’s not what ref watch said .. Warnock said the Kulu one was a penalty, Dermot Gallagher (the actual ex ref) said no.

Dermot also said the VAR call to rule out the VDV goal was correct.

I don’t know where you’re getting the it should have stood opinion from? It’s not on there at all.

Clear and obvious is not being applied.

If it isn’t a penalty then it isn’t offside either.

If it is offside then they have to give the penalty.

Personally, I prefer the no penalty and no offside option as VAR is ruining the game for the fan.

(Just to be clear, I’m talking about the penalty in the first half at 0-1)

At last years NLD, I followed a Woolwich fan in through the south stand turnstiles, he was blatantly wearing a top. Walked past 3 stewards, who ignored fans telling them there will be trouble if they don't remove him. Took a supporter to tell the gooner in no uncertain terms what would happen to him, he covered his top up.. But the Stewards were useless.
I've stood in the opposition end when we're away but always respected they are supporters and I would never show my aligence... blatantly.
Particularly in the Midlands where I have mates that don't mind getting me tickets for WBA, Villa, Wolves etc.

That’s not what ref watch said .. Warnock said the Kulu one was a penalty, Dermot Gallagher (the actual ex ref) said no.

Dermot also said the VAR call to rule out the VDV goal was correct.

I don’t know where you’re getting the it should have stood opinion from? It’s not on there at all.

Dermot is embarrassing

The other 2 hosts are the ones worth listening to.

The panel split over Kulusevski penalty incident in north London derby​

INCIDENT: Spurs wanted a penalty for a challenge made by Leandro Trossard on Dejan Kulusevski before Woolwich scored their second goal.
DERMOT SAYS: "I think there is a little bit of a nick on him, but then he clips his own heel. For me, minimal contact not a penalty."
Stephen Warnock: "I think it's a penalty. The big thing for me is, whether it is minimal contact or not, there is contact.
"I don't like it because it is very difficult to get out of the way of. Trossard clips his heel which makes him then cross his legs.
"By interfering with my stride pattern, you have knocked my leg where I can only kick my own leg. But I don't go down unless you don't touch me. That can only be a penalty."

Really frustrates me that as a club we just accept poor ref decisions

I do wonder why you don’t turn off the music 15 minutes before kickoff and say “over to the fans”. For the first few games it would be quiet but would soon improve.
I've been saying that since the stadium opened. It's very poor not to let the fans build up a head of steam before the kick off - especially in a game like yesterday's. Who knows what effect it could have had on both teams and that cunt Saka.

The panel split over Kulusevski penalty incident in north London derby​

INCIDENT: Spurs wanted a penalty for a challenge made by Leandro Trossard on Dejan Kulusevski before Woolwich scored their second goal.
DERMOT SAYS: "I think there is a little bit of a nick on him, but then he clips his own heel. For me, minimal contact not a penalty."
Stephen Warnock: "I think it's a penalty. The big thing for me is, whether it is minimal contact or not, there is contact.
"I don't like it because it is very difficult to get out of the way of. Trossard clips his heel which makes him then cross his legs.
"By interfering with my stride pattern, you have knocked my leg where I can only kick my own leg. But I don't go down unless you don't touch me. That can only be a penalty."
On Dermott’s point, do the laws mention anything about contact being minimal or do they just describe a foul in the area being a penalty and not refer to the amount of contact at all?

This also gets me so annoyed - the lack of replays.
With all the cameras and tech, oh but suddenly there is a shortage of footage. How convenient! Absolutely nothing dodgy going on! Then you get the commentators chatting about random shit instead of discussing the blindingly obvious foul on a Spurs player or whatever it may be etc.
No shortage of footage when we played Chelsea at home though was there...

Back
Top Bottom