Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone had to do it.

Tottenham, I don't ask for much. You've given me far more pain than joy in the 23 years I've supported you.

But if you can just put this crap run of form behind you for one game to pummel this horrible, despicable club into the ground and end their title hopes a week after Harry Kane has knocked them out of the Champions League, I swear I will never be angry with you again.

Vicario

Porro Romero VDV Udogie

Bentancur Sarr

Maddison

Johnson Richarlison Son

INTO THEM TOTTENHAM! :coys:

There are times when I feel my hatred for other clubs (chavs, scousers) may eclipse my feelings against this lot.
But that was back with a vengeance today.
I'm not going to dissect the game, but their first goal had me pulling my hair out. The first half was the stuff of nightmares, felt like every time they went forward, they were going to score.
Much better second half and I thought we were unlucky not to get a draw at least.
Ref was crap, as usual. The push in the back on Ritchie was ignored; five minutes later, nearly the same on one of theirs resulted in a free kick. And why did he need VAR to point out the penalty - as clear as the nose on my face! And it looked like a foul before their second, albeit I've only seen it in real time.
I probably wouldn't feel this annoyed/upset if they weren't at the top, it would have been good to pull them down a peg or two.
Sad state of affairs when I want a corrupt, oil-state backed club to win all their games (including against us) to stop them, but the alternative is too awful to contemplate.
Anyway going to stuff myself full of biscuits and chocolate, get into my PJs and watch reruns of the Repair Shop.

If you knew how much I hated feeling that way - if they need to win against us to win the league, then the lesser of two evils.
I wasn't going to bother expanding on this, didn't think I had to, TBH, but having got three disagrees, I just can't let it go.
Brooklyn Brooklyn , Percy Clay Percy Clay , SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs - I have had the misfortune to watch that lot down the road win the league - not once, but TWICE, at our home ground. We've had to suffer the Wegner years and the ignobility of St Totteringham's Day for years. They nearly won the league last year and it's going to finish me off if they manage it this year. I hate what the PL is all about, but my loathing for those usurpers knows no limits and I would put up with losing a game against Citeh if it stops them lifting the PL trophy.
Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Rant over!

I know it's said willy nilly..........

But

This is as MUST WIN as it gets.

If anyone gives less than a 9/10 performance then they should be shown the door that evening.

Few thoughts from me on the game.

1. How is it possible to think we played really well and yet utter shit all at the same time? The game really has that feeling. If you look at all the stats and key chances it’s not a game we deserve to lose, but ultimately we’re 3-0 down at home to our biggest rivals and that simply isn’t good enough.
  2. As above, I thought we played ok. Our press in the first half was better than it has been recently and whilst an element of the way the game went was because they allowed us to come onto them, you have to be reasonably happy with the overall way we played.
  3. A different bit of luck here and there and the game is different. Romero 2 great chances first half, Sonny through on goal, VDV marginally offside and the penalty incident that led to their goal - this could have been very very different.
  4. Having said that, we have no one to blame here but ourselves. I’m struggling to think of a side in PL history who has looked so weak defending corners as we have over the last 4 months. It’s frankly unacceptable. The zonal piece isn’t working, not in the slightest. Yesterday we had Romero, VDV, Davies, Bentancur and Hojbjerg on the pitch who are all decent in the air. Give them a man for man assignment and make them accountable for stopping their fucking man from scoring. Anyone who watched Maddison marking Dan Burn in the Newcastle game and thought “this will work long term” is a fucking idiot.
  5. To add to that, I don’t think Vicario is helping with the nervousness at corners. The Havertz goal is a metre from his starting position, he has to be more assertive there.
  6. I’m annoyed at the Saka goal on the counter but happy to take those risks as a byproduct of the way we play. Overall though it did feel like we left Davies a little exposed one on one to Saka too many times. It was their best outlet particularly in the first half. I like risks, and I like backing your players one on one - but Davies against Saka is never an option we should choose.
  7. I am starting to see an issue with us defending the overlap. I can’t be bothered to write chapters on it but keep an eye out in the next game.
  8. Thought Kulu was excellent as he often seems to be in these big games. He can be a real asset against a high pressing team as an outlet with his physicality. Probably our MOTM. Shame he can’t do it against the lesser sides in the league with any consistency.
  9. I thought it was fucking wonderful to see Son make an early run in behind for once and for us to find him. He needs to stretch CBs much much more than he has since reverting to CF. No one wants Son running in behind them and even if he doesn’t get the ball, it creates space in front of the CBs which is where Maddison does his best work.
  10. Having said that, Son’s effort was really poor and his overall play is just so bad. If there is still a significant Saudi offer on the table this summer I would seriously consider taking it. Outside of these first 10 games it’s been 2 seasons of sub-par Sonny now. Do we back him to get better?
  11. The general frustration with our horseshoe passing around the edge of the opponents 18 yard box is still there. We need to take more gambles, commit bodies into the box and occasionally put a hopeful ball in there. You can get events like the pen on Davies only if you get the ball into the box on occasion. More risks needed, we’re looking too much for that perfect goal.
  12. CM isn’t quite working as a functioning unit to me ATM. Maybe it’s that the combos aren’t working, but it often seems like those who come on at 60 mins do better than those who start the game regardless of personnel. Odd? It all comes back to that urgency we require in every part of our play - we start every game in CM playing too slowly and too comfortably for the opposition
  13. Outside of defending corners Romero and VDV were awesome. If we keep them together it seems unfathomable to me that our defence won’t improve long-term (if we can sort the shit at set pieces).
  14. Nothing radical here - our forward options aren’t elite. That’s ok one season after selling Kane, but we need better quality in those areas and quick.
  15. Neville was spot on about us being a box to box team. It’s arguable we’re the best in the league in that area TBH, perhaps after City. But we need to improve at the ends where the game is won and lost, some of that is on personnel, some on coaching.
  16. A note on our opposition - I thought they were pretty shit TBH. Please god don’t let these cunts win the league.

Some of the Ange out stuff is laughable and reactionary,I left yesterday with huge frustration about the way we lost, but also a belief that there’s a pathway for us to be a really really good side with some tactical tweaks and good recruitment.

I believe in Ange and if I’m wrong I’m happy to fall on my sword. He’s going to be a great manger for us.

COYS

It's not just the team..its there's support...I will be on the high road making it as fucking hostile and hateful as possible for any cunt pretending to blend in with a white shirt on but trying to hide..terrorise them from seven sisters all the way to the ground as it should be .....fucking cunt of a fan base need to know what real football support is supposed to be and we hate them as much as we ever have and we are the only true north London club and stick that fucking fake song of there's so far up their anal passages it will still reverb in there toilets when they get home.

Last edited:
Tomorrow I want to see a total lack of respect. From the Seven Sisters to the center circle.
Taking the piss in the tunnel (turn up with Woolwich Bottlers water bottles). Laugh at them.
Stadium same as the 3-0 game. Fucking hatred rolling down the stands
When Tarteta has his mid half team talk, Madds runs over in the middle and in his best Lee Evans voice say 'Lads, lads what the plan?' Stands directly in front of Lego and starts doing burgers. Fuck with their heads, you'll fuck with their game.
I maybe deluded but I think we win. Tino scoring the winner (delusional) but can feel itin my water.
To those lucky enough to go, give it the full hate. Be the 12th man.
COYS
Happy Premier League GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
There is nothing better than waking up on NLD day and looking forward to the day ahead.
I Still get butterflies

If you can't get excited for these games then I'm afraid you follow the wrong sport or wrong team.

This one has get an extra edge to it, there is more at stake which makes the hatred even stronger.
Their fans will be shitting themselves, their players will be shitting themselves, it's now up to us to show them why.

Games against Luton, Sheffield utd etc are fine and still a great day out but these are the games that make it all worth while and there is nothing better.

Let's fuckin do this COYS.

In cafe this morning having my breakfast. Talking to a Norwich fan I know. Leaving, he says to me 'Enjoy the football'.
Enjoy? ENJOY?
FUCKING IDIOT!
BUt heard Bob Marley on the radio on the way back. That is always a good omen.

Uncomfortable truths:
- Maddison has been shit since the injury
- Son has been wank since coming back from the Asian Cup
- Ange is extremely naive in not hiring actual set piece coaches
- We’re miles behind Woolwich

Back
Top Bottom