Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unpopular opinion (maybe): keep Lo Celso

TBH, if (as it seems) Ange sees him as nothing more than a last resort; then I don't see the point.

We need our back up AM to be one of our go-to subs if the gaffer sees us not creating.......... Not a reluctant last roll of the dice for the last 5 mins.

Yeah I think Son is going to be a major dividing topic next season in this fanbase, especially if he is moved back to LW. He’s not good enough there anymore, and doesnt take on players which is what Ange’s system needs

He is fine at CF against most teams in the league. The specific teams that are very good and comfortable at sitting back are the games where he shouldn’t play there. Recently we have played these teams (Newcastle, Fulham, Woolwich, Wolves etc) which is skewing the fanbase’s opinions right now I’m sure
He's lost that turn of speed...tempus fugit

You're one of the first to post xG stats tbf.

The problem is that when you have a clear weakness like we did that's constantly being exploited, xG means fuck all.

xG is interesting. One of our players having more xG than any of theirs isn't. Romero scored a goal that was passed to him and missed some open goal sitters on set pieces, of course his xG was extremely high....

I love son but it’s time to move him on we need to be looking for his replacement this summer .we need 4-5 upgrades in the starting 11 because some are not good enough it’s that simple .
- 1 GK (we need a better backup than Forster)
- 2 FB's (who can actually defend, as complements to Porro/Udogie))
- 1 CB (a towering general)
- 1-2 DMC's (who can actually defend)
- 1 AMC (need competition för Madders)
- 1 Winger ( a direct goalscoring one)
- 1 Striker ( better than Richy)

That's 8-9 new players we need, to have a chance of competing for the title.

Will it happen, of course not!

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Last edited:
Relentlessly stubborn keeping Maddison and Pierre on the pitch.

A bit of Gio and Richie, for the love of god.
Gio only came on with 5 to go bcos of injury to Ben. He should have been on much earlier for kulu in the 10. It’s pretty obvs Ange doesn’t want him. Losing 3-0 and still can’t get minutes.

Nothing to do with it.

We needed a striker i the summer. We need one now. We need a central midfielder.

We need confidence.

These things happen.
We need to play with a normal back 4. How many goals have we scored bcos of this inverted shit! How many goals have we conceded bcos of this inverted shit!

No more match threads from me.

FWIW: Open play we were decent, one of the best performances since the first 10 games of the season.

Corners we're a total embarrassment and if Ange doesn't realise that then we're going to have huge problems. It's not pretty but those cunts are really good at them, and they're worth just as much as a nice, free-flowing move.

Ultimately what does this all mean? We'll finish 5th and I'm fine with that (see my UCL not arsed thread). City will still win the league and the Gooner tears will be superb.

All is not lost. COYS.

Back
Top Bottom