Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love you Ange but this just sounds fucking ridiculous.

You shipped two goals to set pieces....yet you don't see the need to work on defending set pieces.

Odd comment from him..... There's acres of space between actively seeking improvement and his suggestion of ignoring everything else.

A lot of our set piece woes would be aleviated if Vicario wasnt so soft. Anything that comes close to the 6 yard box needs to be his, he doesnt have to claim it even a punch will do. The block on him wasnt that severe that he gets trapped on his line for the 2nd goal.

Im expecting a lot of simulation on this over the summer where the expectation is that he toughens up.

Zonal marking is leaving him exposed.

Imagine reposting by replying
Eddie Murphy Yes GIF

For me, if VAR is only for, “obvious” errors then this should not be looked at.

If VAR is to look at everything then we need SkyNet to watch all games.

"Clear & obvious" has nothing to do with offsides.

....This is the 4th season of VAR now and that aspect has never changed.

Feel better now?

Do you feel better taking comfort in winning some stats in a NLD when we spent a large portion of the game 3-0 down?

These games aren't about stats. Nobody cares about field tilt when you're getting dry humped at corners because the other team know that's all they have to do. Invertthewing is a fucking clown who had us in a title race this season because all he understands is possession and interplay.

We played fine, anyone that said we were shit are just emotional in the moment, it's cool.

We were naive in those key those moments though

We played better in the second half. Don’t think anyone can argue that. But once again we only played ok/well for 45 minutes.

Damage was done by then so that’s not good enough.

"We are still not resilient enough, particularly in a transition moment or a set-piece. We allow far too easy access to our goal."

Yep he knows the problem, he's seen it all season.
Now let him try and fix it in the summer with players, coaching,system tweaks and then we'll see if there's improvements.

Nothing much is gonna change in the last 5 games
I will say in fairness, at HT Sarr came on and was preventing White from getting near Vicario on any corner in the second half, in that sense I suppose it's a tactical tweak that worked.

*if I'm being generous.

Last edited:
Not sure but when they first climbed into the ring wasn’t Spinks wearing enormous knee pads to cushion any fall?
Haha is that true? I just remember him folding like yellow belly in the first couple of mins. Tyson blew him over with a snort. Biggest coward I've seen in the ring.

Back
Top Bottom