Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m all for playing nice football… however… there are some basics and constants in football and set pieces are one of them and good sides can defend them competently and competitively and can attack them with threat.

We… cannot.

And if (small word, big meaning), Ange both sacked a good set piece coach and doesn’t think we need one… he is not the coach for Tottenham Hotspur.

I did say, “if”.

Problem is he is losing his pace to play wide. Hence if he cannot convert to a 9 then we have issues. At best in 1-2 seasons he might end up a bit part player.
He will be a bit part player next season or we will still be in the same position. The whole front line needs to be upgraded. From box to box we are very good. In both boxes we are nowhere near the level we need to be at to improve let alone challenge.

I am getting grief and disagrees for this light-hearted quip.

It might be my most controversial comment in 12 years of being on here.

You need to up your game

Not good enough

Disgusted Cedric The Entertainer GIF by CBS

A lot of our set piece woes would be aleviated if Vicario wasnt so soft. Anything that comes close to the 6 yard box needs to be his, he doesnt have to claim it even a punch will do. The block on him wasnt that severe that he gets trapped on his line for the 2nd goal.

Im expecting a lot of simulation on this over the summer where the expectation is that he toughens up.

We've been at them from the kick off - you plonker, we're not setting out 2 banks of five and we've been on the ball for 70% of the game taking it to them.
They've had 2 corners and scored from both
We haven't had a shot on target and the two closest efforts have come from defenders.
You paint them as spineless wasters and they're not - they are giving it everything - we just don't have a magic striker anymore.
You're beating them with the wrong stick
True we did well but that 70% we didn’t do much with notwithstanding cuti’s efforts which were from set pieces as well.

There is a multiverse where VDV goal isn't ruled offside and Kulu actually gets the penalty given and we go in half time 2-1 up.

But unfortunately football isn't like that and we have to live with crap decisions.

I think a draw would probably have been fair result and not too far fetched.

100%

.....And don't get me wrong; I'm just as pissed about their 1st and 3rd goals as I am about the ref-cunt-fail-jobs.

There is a multiverse where VDV goal isn't ruled offside and Kulu actually gets the penalty given and we go in half time 2-1 up.

But unfortunately football isn't like that and we have to live with crap decisions.

I think a draw would probably have been fair result and not too far fetched.
Is there a multiverse where ENIC fuck off?

Notes:
1. My friends in NYC said we were the better team. We were not.
2. The offside rule is complete crap. If a shot is goal-bound and hits a defender and goes wide then it’s not a goal. Any defender around the box is deliberately defending. If the ball hits them then it’s onside.
3. I’m sick of giving up the same goals:
I. The set pieces where Vicario is blocked out by a forward who should be cleared before the ball comes across.
Ii. The ball to the channel between the LCB and the LB where the right winger cuts in and beats Vicario at his far post. Same goals over and over and over.

Back
Top Bottom