Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That first ten games has really skewed our season.

We're playing now how I thought we'd play at the start after losing our star player and talisman and getting a new manager.

But after those ten games, it's been pretty mediocre performances all round with no real sign of improvement.

If we'd have had a shit start and then in the last ten games played like we played in the first ten games then everyone would be hailing the season as a great success.

But at the moment, it just feels like groundhog day.
That's so true... It's the ORDER in which things happen that can sometimes make a difference...

Take today's game for example, if we'd gone 2-0 up (ridiculous, I know) and THEY had stormed back to win 3-2, we'd be fucking livid...

As it is, the start was terrible, but the last 10 minutes or so gave us hope... and weirdly put a positive spin on what was a truly dreadful first 45 minutes for us...
Not so much the possession play, but the 3 soft goals conceded from such OBVIOUS areas... Set pieces!

Anyway, City have just scored, so thank fuck for the Oil barons!!

Thought a scum bag played the ball last all in , looked OK from where I was sitting. But what do I know, var is an absolute cunt.
Why didn't we get a penalty also ? When Deju was fouled I n the box 1st half? I'm fucking fuming that the scum got away with that. Appooligies had too many beers today. YES, get in City...

Notes:
1. My friends in NYC said we were the better team. We were not.
2. The offside rule is complete crap. If a shot is goal-bound and hits a defender and goes wide then it’s not a goal. Any defender around the box is deliberately defending. If the ball hits them then it’s onside.
3. I’m sick of giving up the same goals:
I. The set pieces where Vicario is blocked out by a forward who should be cleared before the ball comes across.
Ii. The ball to the channel between the LCB and the LB where the right winger cuts in and beats Vicario at his far post. Same goals over and over and over.
I don’t have the law of the game to hand but isn’t it the case that when a shot happens, the only opposing player that can touch it and offside remains is the goalkeeper? (I’ve butchered the words here).

I remember having to look it up for a goal in the last Euros.

Then do you have a solution(or the money) on how to get them out?
Nope, I’ve just stopped going and giving them any of my money. At least then I’m no hypocrite ,so I can call them out for what they are. I have no faith in them , I’m just fed up it took me so long to realise. They’re only interested in the real estate and money! So I repeat fuck Levy and ENIC!

He will be a bit part player next season or we will still be in the same position. The whole front line needs to be upgraded. From box to box we are very good. In both boxes we are nowhere near the level we need to be at to improve let alone challenge.

We are painfully inconsistent in MF.

Biss & Madison in particular are proving extremely unreliable.... Bentancur's struggled since the double injury too.

Everybody is fit at the business end of the season and yet we're left subbing and experimenting with different combos (with many calling for JM - our vice captain - to be dropped). Speaks volumes.

I hope Ange is saying this is just one of the things he needs to fix (and not the only problem). - IF instead, he is saying our woeful set piece defending isn’t an issue and he’s not going to get a set piece coach then I’m Ange out.

It appears Ange-ball v1.0 has been found out and other managers are exploiting its weaknesses - if Ange is too stubborn to make adjustments/changes (like getting a set piece coach) and come out with an Ange-ball 2.0 then he needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom