Tottenham Hotspur vs Shakhtar Donetsk, Sunday 6th August, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maddison is bringing creativity to our attack not seen since Eriksen.

Udogie looking sharp, good news as both our FB situations are sorted for near future, focus all funding on CB.
Need to get him on the ball more. The best way to do that is play him more central behind front two. Drop kulu play Kane and son with madd behind. Then bring in gio as 3rd midfiekder. Play this will allow to play porro on right to offer width and pace.

Whoever the manager, whatever the team, our capacity to concede goals and gift possession remains unhindered. Has to be addressed.

Son has had lots of the ball, and done more than Kulusevski, who has got to do more.

Maddison looks good. Great feet and confident. Midfield so so.

We need signings.

Only downside to today so far was the bagel bar, mine was quite soggy and £6.45 for a tomato and mozzarella filling is taking the wee-wee in my opinion.

great british baking show GIF by PBS

One chance, one goal!! The pattern is obvious, we´re not hard to score against are we, really worrying stuff!!

That goal is what happens when you play fullbacks as CB´s, they are not used to those kind of situations!

We are in desperate need of an established CB. And i´m not talking about VdV, he looks like a decent prospect, but we need something more stabil at the back!

Other than that we will at least be entertaining to watch again, praise the lords!!! But it will take time as a supporter to get used to after 4 years of misery.

Sarr impresses me every time i see him!Gonna be interesting to see Solomon second half, that kid got skills

We do; but unless we play 3; it's not gonna fundamentally change beyond Romero + VDV.... And it's likely to get weaker if we swap in Porro.

Yes but another top CB and Romero and VDV have to fight to remain in the team. We need competition for places, other top 6 clubs have multiple good CB’s.

So when we start playing real matches in a week Son and Kulu would suddenly be able to go on the outside of the fullback and deliver low crosses? Kane will start making runs into the box? Why can't they start now?

Because it's a completely different environment.

No one cares about pre season games. It's half arsed.

They ain’t issues that can be easily ironed out though. Davies isn’t a bad left back but can get exposed as a CB, Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga and Rodon aren’t good enough.

VDV will help but the club if Kane is off need to buy a top draw leader CB for us. Otherwise our season will be lots of great play and then conceding cheap goals.
I agree, let's hope that happens, but we have been here before.
If a couple more come in, with the football we are playing, the club could be on for a good season.

Porro brings so many more positive attributes to our current style than Royal. It’s so obvious
Yes, and it seem players like Son already got it with Ange, they are passing the ball pretty faster than we used to see last season, Royal and PEH at the same pace as ever.

Because it's a completely different environment.

No one cares about pre season games. It's half arsed.
It's a completely different (much harder) environment so all of those players will suddenly be able to do what they haven't done in years, if at all?

They ain’t issues that can be easily ironed out though. Davies isn’t a bad left back but can get exposed as a CB, Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga and Rodon aren’t good enough.

VDV will help but the club if Kane is off need to buy a top draw leader CB for us. Otherwise our season will be lots of great play and then conceding cheap goals.

Kane or no Kane we need another.

It's a completely different (much harder) environment so all of those players will suddenly be able to do what they haven't done in years, if at all?

You don't have faith our players will score goals in this set up?

Fair enough. Who am I to convince you. I'm telling you pre season means sweet fuck all.

Back
Top Bottom