Tottenham Hotspur vs Shakhtar Donetsk, Sunday 6th August, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Once again early signs is that the way we press leads to us facing a deep defensive line and a packed penalty box...... We're gonna need a lot of guile to ensure we get good goal-scoring opportunity's rather than just getting crowded out all the time.
We need better than kulu and prbly son. Or we need to play patterns like Brighton abd citeh do which only comes through coaching and getting players who have that football thinking. Unfortunately our from 3 have played under Jose and conte for past 4 years. They don’t play any pass and move or pass with urgency. We still take far too many touches. Only udigo and Sarr like to pass and move.

We are conceding the same goal in every game, very worrying. It’s not like we are being ripped open on the break, we are conceding from easy crosses. Got to fix that.

Apart from that I enjoyed the game. We are playing like Tottenham again.
We rather these mistakes happen in friendlies, they have time to iron out these problems.

We are conceding the same goal in every game, very worrying. It’s not like we are being ripped open on the break, we are conceding from easy crosses. Got to fix that.

Apart from that I enjoyed the game. We are playing like Tottenham again.

Agree. We look a bit rusty but if it clicks we’ll be a good side. Will concede loads though via balls over the top.

We rather these mistakes happen in friendlies, they have time to iron out these problems.

They ain’t issues that can be easily ironed out though. Davies isn’t a bad left back but can get exposed as a CB, Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga and Rodon aren’t good enough.

VDV will help but the club if Kane is off need to buy a top draw leader CB for us. Otherwise our season will be lots of great play and then conceding cheap goals.

Defense is shit, as expected, but appart from that I like what I see. Ange is making us look a lot different upfront, players can string good passes and create good chance, it almost seems like we've been training this season.

*Sarr is painfully average, just running around pretending to be busy

* Emerson back to his usual chicken 🐓 Royale

* Kane and Son stealing wages, would happily sell both tomorrow

* Kulu looking like the player Juve fans warned us about

* Romero, CLASS ! Rolls Royce

First half, way more positives than negative. Sloppy goal to give and Romero should have won the header.

But, the left between Maddison, Son and Udogie is looking very nice.

Sarr had a great first half and unlucky not have a goal.

Great that Kane got a goal.

PEH and Davis not bad.

Whilst Kulu didn't have a bad half, I think his position is under threat.

Kulu on the right will always cut in. They should swap sides.
Why don’t coaches even try it for 15 minutes in a gane. They are paid millions and can’t be bothered to try anything different. Show some bloody invention and innovative thinking. Although playing a winger on the sane side as his strongest foot is hardly innovative.

Back
Top Bottom