Tottenham Hotspur vs Shakhtar Donetsk, Sunday 6th August, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also, Royal still bad, too slow with the ball, taking unnecessary time with the ball at his feet as usual. Edit, can say the same about PEH.

Last edited:
Both have showed their immense class in the past, but I don’t love how Son and Kulusevski fit in this system. Really need bounce back seasons from both.

Our starting XI's attack:

1 goal against our B team with Austin in goal

1 pen against Lion City Sailors

1 pen against Shakhtar

Concerned yet?

Our starting XI's attack:

1 goal against our B team with Austin in goal

1 pen against Lion City Sailors

1 pen against Shakhtar

Concerned yet?

Not really.

Because I've seen us score 1000 goals in pre season before only to start the season with 2 points from 8 games and not be able to win a game, let alone score

No pressure from Deki for the cross, Davies poor at the back, but issues from last year and need fixing still. Deki has got so slow looking and Davies will never be good enough in a back two.
Udogie and Sarr have impressed, but Sons form continues to be a concern, but unlike last year at least Ange ball will give him every chance of finding his form.

Could Porro start in place of Kulu? And Solomon at left wing and Sonny in the middle…
Was thinking this during the half, I think with Royal being a fairly comfortable pick at RB we could try and give Kulu some competition with Porro coming on and seeing if he does better in those wide 1v1 positions. I think he could do really well there.

Entertaining half, probably more than most games last season.
Like the look of Udogie and Sonny playing with much more freedom.
Yes, defence not great but at least we're seeing the ball more on the attack.
Early days but Rome wasn't built in a day, so as long as we are good to watch, happy to be patient.
Only downside to today so far was the bagel bar, mine was quite soggy and £6.45 for a tomato and mozzarella filling is taking the wee-wee in my opinion.

Not really.

Because I've seen us score 1000 goals in pre season before only to start the season with 2 points from 8 games and not be able to win a game, let alone score
So when we start playing real matches in a week Son and Kulu would suddenly be able to go on the outside of the fullback and deliver low crosses? Kane will start making runs into the box? Why can't they start now?

All this game is telling us is Ange has a nice system, we have good attacking players, our defence isnt good enough and needs urgent improvement. VDV will help but we need another top draw CB.

We do; but unless we play 3; it's not gonna fundamentally change beyond Romero + VDV.... And it's likely to get weaker if we swap in Porro.

Back
Top Bottom