Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like our chances since we’ve come to full strength as of late. Draw at 1-1 would be fantastic, but not as good as a win of course.

Toby, Wanyama, Rose, and Lamela all coming in to fitness at this point is awesome
We’re deep

Not to mention better attacking options now with the arrival of Lucas Moura. Can't wait to see him and he hope he plays some part against Juventus.

I would take a 1-1 draw here with an away goal to come back to Wembley and finish them off. Though a win in Turin would be pretty sweet as well. With everybody healthy our bench can always look so strong now.

Lloris
Aurier Toby Vert Rose
Wanyama Dier
Dele Eriksen Lamela
Kane

Vorm Trippier Sanchez Son Dembele Lucas Llorente

An away goal and/or a draw would be incredible. Just hoping we can keep it to one goal for Wembley. They seem pretty confident on their forums, as well they should I suppose. We have to be incredibly focused. I think we will probably play a back three with Dier, Toby and Verts. Although Dier has been superb at CM over the past few weeks, but we have Wanyama back. There are many options open to Poch.

Wow, what a game in prospect. Juve are very very good and bang in form. It is one thing catching Madrid in a bad moment in the group stages, but another to get something in the knockouts in Turin. Especially us coming off a brutal recent schedule, and Juve having an extra day to prepare at home. I think a one goal deficit, especially with an away goal would be a decent result.

Pjanic is Pirlo-esque for them, on another level to anything Utd, Liverpool or Woolwich have in midfield. We need to compete and Dembele has to start. Lamela is perfect for this - he's fresh, has experience of playing Juve and the tenacity to harry their fullbacks and midfielders. I would rest Son and Dier for this one.

Hugo
Aurier Toby Jan Rose
Wanyama Dembele
Eriksen
Lamela Dele
Kane

60fa34b81c8da4abd2e33ef5cf29028a.png

1 goal conceded in their last 16..... :dembele::pochfacepalm:
Wowza, good challenge for us then.

You’re a fat little kid and you never go out at night. If you really were a chef you’d have to work nights, but your mum won’t let you out with knives. They’d only get used on yourself.
I am glad someone took care of the disastrous Lamela favela high class killer chef

Man Utd and the Arse at home were one thing... (both have been inconsistent away from home)
But Juve at home, and bang in form will be a real test.

An away goal would be amazing, if we get beaten then hopefully it will be narrow... and retrievable at home.
...but to avoid any sort of hammering would be the bare minimum!

We can (sort of) do it, possibly (I think) but don't hold me to it!
There. Consider my colours nailed!

Score over there and the tie is ours I reckon, even if we lose 2-1.

Historically it’s been the English teams coming off worse in the stereotypical crash bang English style vs slow it down Italian style....but Spurs are different as technically just as proficient as them but still fast. Arguably when on form we might be better suited to European games..

I totally agree, we're massively different to the kind of English teams that have played in the CL. So are City and Liverpool. And we have a big advantage I think which is that we haven't got a lot of recent history in Europe so teams don't really know what to expect. Plus we are underdogs. Also, Juventus may have a great defensive record but they haven't faced the best Striker in the world yet. There isn't a club in the world that can stop him in my opinion.

It is one thing catching Madrid in a bad moment in the group stages, but another to get something in the knockouts in Turin

Personally I dont like the way our achievements in the group are played down. Rather than it being about how poor Madrid supposedly were, I think it actually shows that we can go to Italy and get something.

With Spurs, the bar is always raised and the goalsposts moved.

Ahhh it was only Real Madrid, wait til they play Juve

:pochbye:

I totally agree, we're massively different to the kind of English teams that have played in the CL. So are City and Liverpool. And we have a big advantage I think which is that we haven't got a lot of recent history in Europe so teams don't really know what to expect. Plus we are underdogs. Also, Juventus may have a great defensive record but they haven't faced the best Striker in the world yet. There isn't a club in the world that can stop him in my opinion.
Yep - honestly think we have a better chance against Juve/PSG/Barca etc than we do against City or a derby match against the fkn Chavs

Personally I dont like the way our achievements in the group are played down. Rather than it being about how poor Madrid supposedly were, I think it actually shows that we can go to Italy and get something.

I was not downplaying our historic group stage achievements, but Madrid are having a bad season by their standards. Juventus are in top form and will be super-motivated. If we get a draw on Tuesday, I think that's a bigger achievement than the one in Madrid.

The more I look into this, the more interesting this head to head gets.

Juve have an incredible defensive record, as we can see in that list of results. However, we’re on a run of 20 consecutive games in all competitions where we’ve scored at least once.

The last time we failed to score was the away game against Woolwich.

*edit - in fact we’ve only failed to score on three occasions this season.

Last edited:

100% agree. But I don’t mind too much. Keep saying Kane is “in form of his life”, under rate Eriksen, over look Vertonghen.

Right now I quite enjoy being the underdog.

Back
Top Bottom