Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Confidence wise we seem extremely fragile , a 3-1 4-1 and we’d be going into the next game full of confidence but I’m not so sure now .

Just before their 2nd , if you can rewatch it , there is a close up of our defense just before the corner & it looks like sheer panic , pointing in all angles , you could feel a goal was coming
It's like this all over the pitch. There's seemingly little cohesive understanding between the players of how to move as a unit, whether it's defending or attacking

I must admit I always thought it would be reasonably close. I felt it was doable, obviously, but not the plain sail some thought.

The other three teams seemed fairly evenly matched, bear in mind Marseille were our "minnows" from Pot 4...
I feel you always need a really top team in your group to keep you on your toes

It can be hard to get up for Frankfurt or sporting at home

Knew it would be tight but a win in our next game, at home, sees us through

Once through the spin cycle of Tottenham Hotspur, that's what regional television says! Hits the nail on the head! Now please become the winner of the CL - would burst with pride if you got a draw! All the best, you lovely lunatics!
:coys:
👍

Breaking News:

A champion league football is spotted in the skies by Heathrow radars this morning, still rising, thought to be of Kane's penalty kick.

TTh e

lady your refering to that said that was actually Hoddle.

He admitted to having two bottles of wine tbf so Glen probably seemed quite attractive

Sexy Bad Ass GIF by Freedomists

Thought we were pretty good apart from the first 20 mins and the last 15 mins.

The main thing for me is that Son and Kane had a bit of life in them. How good our season will be is probably going to come down to that, Conte will make the rest of them functional enough to get wins so long as our forwards do the business.

I thought it was very positive that Richy showed he can be an asset as a right forward yesterday, even though not his best position.

With Richy, I think we'll really see his best if and when Son or Kane are out. Filling in for Kulu is a bonus, and no doubt we will keep looking for a more creative wide forward to compete there long term.

I was much happier with our performance overall, at least we showed ambition to get forward and attack for most of the game. However we were very nearly undone by our continued ridiculous passing around in our own penalty area. Sometimes they have just got to hoof it! I think also our capitulation near the end was because Conte made too many substitutions in a small period of time. It was not so much the personalle, it was just too many changes at once. It messed with our team balance.
(Just my humble opinion so sorry if any of you disagree with me you are probably right and I'm an old cunt anyway)

I was much happier with our performance overall, at least we showed ambition to get forward and attack for most of the game. However we were very nearly undone by our continued ridiculous passing around in our own penalty area. Sometimes they have just got to hoof it! I think also our capitulation near the end was because Conte made too many substitutions in a small period of time. It was not so much the personalle, it was just too many changes at once. It messed with our team balance.
(Just my humble opinion so sorry if any of you disagree with me you are probably right and I'm an old cunt anyway)
The substitutions did affect the balance at bit that is true, but the intensity dropped soon as the sending off occurred.
The team took their foot of the gas, that started it then the changes just compounded it.

Whilst we laboured last night I felt the real disgrace last night was us....the fans. The atmosphere was so subdued it was embarrassing. We tried numerous times in the lower South to get some chants going but apart from 'yid army' it all fell flat.
It felt like the ground was full of tourists enjoying the facilities - there was no passion from the fans to lift the players and that is really frustrating.

Whilst we laboured last night I felt the real disgrace last night was us....the fans. The atmosphere was so subdued it was embarrassing. We tried numerous times in the lower South to get some chants going but apart from 'yid army' it all fell flat.
It felt like the ground was full of tourists enjoying the facilities - there was no passion from the fans to lift the players and that is really frustrating.
It sounded loud on the radio

Back
Top Bottom