Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just goes to show it's about opinions, and most are biased one way or another. I've seen the ratings for Royal, with one particular poster giving him a 1!

Emerson had a solid game yesterday and didn't put a foot wrong. The ratings on here shouldn't ever be taken as a barometer of how well a player played, far too many picking favourites.

FWIW, I felt that Romero was MOTM. He was solid, progressive, and weighed in with the winning goal. He was the standout player for me, but others will see it differently.

What seemed evident to me was that it looked as though we have a few players coming back into form. Maddison looked closer to his best, Bissouma looks to be getting there too, whilst Bentancur wasn't nearly as bad as some are making out.

The team, as a whole, was excellent yesterday.
Emerson Derangment Syndrome is possibly the most embarrassing thing about a certain section of the Spurs fanbase right now.

Definite signs of improvement in the team as a whole.

Watching the replay and some of Son's passing was Kane-esque. He doesn't have Kanes hold up ability but damn that first time ball to release Timo was just how Kane used to set him away...

Cuti's blushes were saved by some excellent defending by Zomb favourite player. I'm sure Zomb was delighted :cautious:
No issues with his defending. It’s his ability as a footballer that handicaps us. He played well but there were 3 or 4 times he had a chance to impact the final third, and failed. He’s so ill suited to our needs stylistically

No issues with his defending. It’s his ability as a footballer that handicaps us. He played well but there were 3 or 4 times he had a chance to impact the final third, and failed. He’s so ill suited to our needs stylistically
He was directly involved in both our first goals through either tenacious contests or quick thinking. His defending is his strong suit but he's not incapable of attacking and is more dynamic in his movement than Porro (though not anywhere near as good on the ball - which is why he's second choice)

Still I'm glad you didn't boo him on Saturday. 🙂

Hipefully Porto back for Villa :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom