Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2 attempts on goal in 48 minutes is awful. I understand palace have everyone on their goal line but that is not good enough. Slowly getting worse

Studying that half I think a lot of the problem is...no not the whipping boy Emerson, but bentancur and bissouma. They are both extremely passive, non aggressive, and their passing and movement couldn't be anymore safe, predictable and bland.
You can get away with one of them as a defensive shield but both makes for a tragic midfield. Honestly hojbjerg provides more creativity.
Drop sarr and lo celso in for both of them otherwise more of the same with palace getting a flukey winner

What have we been doing in training for 2 weeks???

Why are the same issues still glaringly apparent.

1. Box play/ penetration
2. Shooting/not overplaying around the box

Why are their zero indicators that we have addressed this?

2 attempts on goal in 48 minutes is awful. I understand palace have everyone on their goal line but that is not good enough. Slowly getting worse

Studying that half I think a lot of the problem is...no not the whipping boy Emerson, but bentancur and bissouma. They are both extremely passive, non aggressive, and their passing and movement couldn't be anymore safe, predictable and bland.
You can get away with one of them as a defensive shield but both makes for a tragic midfield. Honestly hojbjerg provides more creativity.
Drop sarr and lo celso in for both of them otherwise more of the same with palace getting a flukey winner
Totally agree on sarr. Cant believe he didnt start

Wingers aren't really good enough. Criticism of Biss is kinda understandable but also very much a result of how teams play against us / have altered their press against us. Just need better wide players and another passer in midfield to win these games more comfortably tbh, especially when Porro isn't out there.

they are clearly defending the wings destiny and emerson needs to come inside more to make the space for the wingers or benta needs to come foward in middle to initiate the space.

Think we just need to keep putting the ball in the mixer and see what happens. As the way we are playing we ain’t creating f all doing the rugby union passes. Put it in the box early see what happens and then press them high to win the ball back.

Back
Top Bottom