Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I genuinely think we just need an attacking coach with a pedigree better than Ryan Mason's and shit will start to fall into place. We look so fucking flat. No space? Better pass it to someone else. No space? Better pass it to someone else. Then after pressure has built up, put through a 50/50 pass, lose possession and now you're defending a counter attack.

Another flat day out all round so far.

Wasn’t as if Palace’s tactics are a surprise. 2 weeks to work on breaking sides like this down. The Werner chance breaks the game open.

Palace will be well pleased. Homework done. We’ve played exactly the way they wanted and expected us to

This is really disappointing. We are better than this 😞
We need more quality options to break low blocks.

Bergvall will help.

And more in the summer.

But, Ange isn't even showing an understanding of the fucking problem.

Or, for some weird reason, he's just not overly concerned about it.

Not 1-0 down at HT
Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

I genuinely think we just need an attacking coach with a pedigree better than Ryan Mason's and shit will start to fall into place. We look so fucking flat. No space? Better pass it to someone else. No space? Better pass it to someone else. Then after pressure has built up, put through a 50/50 pass, lose possession and now you're defending a counter attack.
Oh fuck up about fucking Ryan Mason you utter twit.

At our best, Ange's style is great to watch. But teams were always going to wise up to that sooner or later. There has to be a plan B and even a plan C when things aren't panning out as you want them to. Whether that's mixing things up a little more or tweaking/changing the formation... The everything at 100mph that was so successful early doors was never going to hold up long term as players get tired, they're human.

2 shots, 1 one on target. In 45 mins. At home. To Palace. Who've looked more dangerous whenever they've attacked.

Loving it.

Bet drinking the juice at the bottom of the trashcan doesn't taste as rank.

I don't understand how we've collectively lost the philosophy of Ange ball. Why on earth do we choose to always do the safe 2 yard pass backwards on the edge of their box. I thought the idea was "always forwards". There's been several times where there's a runner and instead of the through ball it goes backwards. What has happened to our risk tolerance and the trust in our ability to counterpress and get the ball back?
Midfield has become a big problem for us all of a sudden, is the answer really. Maddison has been a bit (and only a bit) brighter today so far but has come back really rusty. Bissouma's form is ropey. Emerson in the inverted role struggles taking it on the turn/if the game isn't in front of him. Whilst Bentancur is struggling to move and just looks like he hates any sort of physicality now and tip-toes around gingerly.

Middle of the park is where you set the platform, at the moment we're not.

Not an easy task breaking that disciplined line down. I think it’s more their organisation than our lack of creativity although I agree it is wanting.
Nope. Its been terrible. Weve had this all season.cant plbreak anyone down. No intensity or urgency either. Wheres the first 10 games gone. Same team apart from werner. Kulu has been probably our worst player since city game

I’ve not read the shite that has likely been written on here but I hope Palace get dragged in to the relegation fight. It’s like playing a lower league team in a cup game. It’s so difficult to play against but for fuck sake lads be more intense.
Udogie needs a ticket up his arse and needs to stop playing at the pace he wants to.
Werner needs to stop running in the pitch when Udogie is running towards him with the ball because he gives him no option. He also just needs to score even though we all knew he wouldn’t.
VDV is the only one who actually passes the ball with a bit of purpose. He’s been excellent again but that’s just the norm for him.
Madders probing and making runs trying to find little spaces to hurt them.
Can someone just tell them to shoot every time they get within 25 yards. Who cares if a few goes over or wide but we’ll never score against a team sitting deep because we only have one player in Maddison who can create.
Last thing,why the fuck does our players not run in behind more when there’s space to do it? Watch how many times we have our front 3 plus a midfielder with their back to goal. Just spin in behind which creates space even if they don’t get it passed to them.
When you don’t score early against shit like them it always becomes difficult. Still think we’ll win because they’ll buckle.

Back
Top Bottom