Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think the wide players are up to much at the moment in this system. I'd be more inclined to have overlapping wingbacks and 2 up top for this one.
Vicario
Romero dragusin vdv
Porro sarr bentancur udogie
Maddison
Richy Son

I think we are predictable at the moment and need to switch it up so I think 352 gives us 3 at the back that gives a bit more support and better defensive positioning,the wingbacks stretch Palace out and that gives space for the likes of maddison,sarr,bentancur to operate.
Yes I can see it now, Ange Postecoglou who has one way of playing and barely shows any variation each week in the way he sets his team up, no matter the opposition has switched to a 352 after reading Yiddy's post on The Fighting Cock.

"Hotspurs"

Arrested Development Mistake GIF
Haha, thankyou! I didn't even notice.

:ange-facepalm:

In my defence, 1) I'm a muppet and 2) I'd had a full tasting set of whiskey at this point on an empty stomach.

Last edited:
I’m in the camp of: drop Richy and move Sonny into the centre.
It seems to me that Richie really hasn't been fed much at all. In the last game he had half chances against full boxes (except for one notable chance where he failed to score with a decent effort). But we weren't pulling them apart and letting richie get through or find space, nor was anyone overlapping in the box. They were always first back. I just don't think it's his fault.

Nice there's no fixture to ruin the coming weekend.

By the time we play this fixture Palace will be rampant on a new manager bounce won't they.

Struggle to see us getting a point right now. Will try not to think about football for another 12 days or so.

Yes I can see it now, Ange Postecoglou who has one way of playing and barely shows any variation each week in the way he sets his team up, no matter the opposition has switched to a 352 after reading Yiddy's post on The Fighting Cock.
Well ain't you gonna look stupid if we set up 352 next weekend 🤪

I want a clear, unavoidable victory for our team, fought for and played!

Nothing else!
Is Glasner someone we should be fearing for this match? He's from your neck of the woods, isn't he? Is he going to light a fire under them for us, or be a slow burner?

EDIT: I've just read up on him and I'm not worried. (Which worries me.)

Last edited:

We have played with a back 3 briefly to close out some recent matches, so it's not like he refuses to ever use it.

Unlikely he's going to start that way though.

Nice there's no fixture to ruin the coming weekend.

By the time we play this fixture Palace will be rampant on a new manager bounce won't they.

Struggle to see us getting a point right now. Will try not to think about football for another 12 days or so.
Don't forget that United could be level on points with us too. Although we will stay 5th unless United win by 14 goals. 🤣

Last Friday:
Have you got any fresh injury worries, any returning players and what's the latest on Pedro Porro and Destiny Udogie?

We’ve had a couple of setbacks this week. Destiny [Udogie] obviously picked up a little bit of a knock last week. Not available for tomorrow, don’t think it is anything too serious. With no game next weekend, he should be back. Pedro [Porro] picked up a strain at training. Again, probably a couple of weeks for him. With the game break hopefully he doesn’t miss too many.

So Destiny likely back which I am sure will give Maddison a bit more oomph to his game.
Madders assist and a first goal of the season for someone. Richi gets the other.

What will Glasner bring to Palace, what sort of style does his team play?
He was very good in Germany. Wolfsburg were a rather average side on paper but he got them to overperform, qualifying for Europe two seasons in a row...2nd year they made it to the CL. Took points in over 70% of their games. Scored lots of goals. They were a fun watch.

At Frankfurt he won the Europa League then did well in the CL the following year...they were in our group. They lost to that brilliant Napoli side...no shame in that. Their league form was so so...but to be honest it wasn't helped by all the shitty politics within the club. Would've made top 4 if they hadn't faded towards the end...not surprising considering some out of contract players + players who wanted out (Kolo Muani) had downed tools. Still scored lots of goals but yeah conceded often too

Give him time and I bet he'll do well at Palace. They'll defo be a more entertaining watch and also harder to score against.

Regardless of him coming in, new manager bounce etc etc, we won't beat them if we play with the quality & attitude we've shown since November.

Oh fuck off...

We limped to super-close win at home against Brighton, drew against ManU and Everton, lost to ManCity and got half-lucky win against Bournemouth. All of those games Porro and Udogie. Wake up - we have been shit for more than a month now.

Against Wolves, there was not even one player that deserved praise, and yet you pour it on Royal and Davies.
And in the other Wolves game, it was hardly their fault club had no other players to use in defense. Every other option would have been even worse.

Oh fuck off...

We limped to super-close win at home against Brighton, drew against ManU and Everton, lost to ManCity and got half-lucky win against Bournemouth. All of those games Porro and Udogie. Wake up - we have been shit for more than a month now.

Against Wolves, there was not even one player that deserved praise, and yet you pour it on Royal and Davies.
And in the other Wolves game, it was hardly their fault club had no other players to use in defense. Every other option would have been even worse.

Calm down

Back
Top Bottom