Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton and Hove Albion | FA Cup 4th Round | Saturday 5 Feb | 8pm KO | FFS Boris Extend HS2 to Brighton TFC has transport issues

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good open game with H and Sonny getting much needed time together. I think Kane really is motivated again so Conte has certainly earned his wage. Yes, we looked a bit shaky at times but you always felt we could go up a hear if needed. Brighton are no mugs so a good win. Decent turn out from Brighton too. Those I spoke to were very civil - I was almost expecting to be politely asked what my preferred pronoun is.

Nice to see a few of the usual ‘mob’ from on here as well.

Kanes best game in a long time.
He was sublime today.

Thought the whole squad played well, apart from that 10-15 min patch at the start of 2nd half.

Welcome to the 2 new lads.
COYS!

I don’t have anyone on ignore either, but I still ignore them

ron swanson spinning GIF

Enjoyable game but hated the kick off time and transport.
Trains were a mess due to pre planned engineering and poor souls jumping. Only managed one pint before the game, should have been several.
Stadium an awkward mix of regulars and tourists; and lads who are mangled on 15 pints and young families.
Hope we never have another Saturday 8pm kick off again.

Just left Stratford, so should be home in time to do wordle and catch up on the Masked Singer before I go to sleep.
The game? I thought Kane was our MOTM, and if he continues to perform like that, he'll be back in my good books. ;)
With regards to the two new boys, can't believe they're getting negative criticism already, after all their appearance was no more than a cameo. Think (hope) that once they adapt to the pace of the EPL, they'll be fine.
As for Bentancur, he's a bit of a hottie!
Marylin Monroe Love GIF
Was thinking he was good looking albeit with a very thin head.

Moura has been dreadful !

Bit sloppy at the back there

Are we gonna be wasteful ! Kane needs to hit that first time give it a good whack. We did this v Leicester where we tried to be too clever trying to finish. Need to keep it tight at the back.

Letting get to close to our 6 yard box. Need to get at them a bit more.

Think we are slowing it down too much. Need to keep the pressure on. They’ve had a few sniffs now which I’m sure conte will pick. Plus we are sometimes playing to casual when we have ball.

Definitely need to wake up they have increased the pace and we are still like as if it was first half. Keep saying we need to push and press more they are finding space to easy. Plus we are can’t string 5 passes together.

Again royal plays it to no one. We can’t build up any play unless it’s a counter.

Kus looks very slow on the break. Can he practice some running?

We need to be able to control games better to see them out. We let Brighton have too much possesion in our box which against better teams we’d be punished. Lotus had to make a couple excellent saves in 2nd half. We didn’t really create much other than counter in the 2nd half and from their fuck ups in defence.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone enjoy a comfortable victory as little as this. Not one positive thing to say. Not one. Just endless complaints.

I swear some people on TFC just don't want to be happy.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone enjoy a comfortable victory as little as this. Not one positive thing to say. Not one. Just endless complaints.

I swear some people on TFC just don't want to be happy.

I dont get it. I really dont. If you cant enjoy a game, then what the fuck is it all about?

That doesnt mean that during a game one cant express critique, but some are always looking to put the boot in.

Anyway... Enjoyable match. Positive signs from the new guys, Kulu should have had two assists. Not bad from both considering they've both been in the country a matter of days with hardly any training sessions. Romero's return is really like a new signing. Usually I'm quite hard on Royal but he did well enough.

My only gripe is the three Brighton fans in the Paxton upper smoking weed and drinking beer. No stewards around so I just let it go. I mean if you're gonna sit in the wrong end don't try and bring attention to yourself by celebrating goals and doing drugs eh? You'd think they'd want to be inconspicuous. Bah.

Trains were a mess due to pre planned engineering and poor souls jumping. Only managed one pint before the game, should have been several.
Stadium an awkward mix of regulars and tourists; and lads who are mangled on 15 pints and young families.

I was surrounded by first timers and day trippers. As mentioned before the group of young men and women behind us were nice enough but fucking annoying.

The girls had no interest in proceedings and the boys talked about climate change. The bloke in front spent the ENTIRE game on Whats App and a woman on the other side was enthusiastic but appeared to be clapping to songs in her head rather than what was being sung by the crowd.

The 4 blokes to my left came back for the 2nd half on 60 mins and left on 83 mins.

Enjoyable game but terrible match day experience.

We went for a Colombian pre-match. A bed of chips covered with 3-4 inches of pulled beef, piri piri chicken and fried pork belly. The most meat I have ever seen on a plate in my life. It was £13.95.

It was like something you see on Man vs Food.

Last edited:
Your summary of the crowd was perfect mate. Good to the ground so full though. I thought we would struggle.

I was surrounded by first timers and day trippers. As mentioned before the group of young men and women behind us were nice enough but fucking annoying.

The girls had no interest in proceedings and the boys talked about climate change. The bloke in front spent the ENTIRE game on Instagram and a woman on the other side was enthusiastic but appeared to be clapping to songs in her head rather than what was being sung by the crowd.

The 4 blokes to my left came back for the 2nd half on 60 mins and left on 83 mins.

Enjoyable game but terrible match day experience.

We went for a Colombian pre-match. A bed of chips covered with 3-4 inches of pulled beef, piri piri chicken and fried pork belly. The most meat I have ever seen on a plate in my life. It was £13.95.

It was like something you see on Man vs Food.
Colombian in seven sisters?

I dont get it. I really dont. If you cant enjoy a game, then what the fuck is it all about?

That doesnt mean that during a game one cant express critique, but some are always looking to put the boot in.
Not just today but the same few people who do nothing but whine in every thread. Usually the same complaint over and over. It's starting to really grate.
I mean I moan sometimes, but Jesus...

You're right.... We should probably cut our losses now and loan them back to Juve...

In fact, if they hurry, they might catch the last flight back to Turin tonight...
They could even make the Verona match tomorrow evening!!!!
Doesnt look that good yet but he might improve. But if you want to sell him already after 1 game...

Back
Top Bottom