Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton and Hove Albion | FA Cup 4th Round | Saturday 5 Feb | 8pm KO | FFS Boris Extend HS2 to Brighton TFC has transport issues

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think we are slowing it down too much. Need to keep the pressure on. They’ve had a few sniffs now which I’m sure conte will pick. Plus we are sometimes playing to casual when we have ball.

Is this our best performance (well, half) of the season so far?

I know Brighton haven't been at their best, but I can't recall us being so fluid, so joined up, dictating (and changing) the pace, and making so many good quick decisions with the ball that have mostly come off. Still 45 mins to go of course, but encouraging signs that Conte is getting us doing what he wants us to do. :)

Last edited:
Is this our best performance of the season so far?

I know Brighton haven't been at their best, but I can't recall us being so fluid, so joined up, dictating (and changing) the pace, and making so many good quick decisions with the ball that have mostly come off. Still 45 mins to go of course, but encouraging signs that Conte is getting us doing what he wants us to do. :)
Could be, it's a decent Brighton team and we have been very good.

How tf is Maupay receiving that in there, free?

They overloaded the box. Potter plays Pep tactics/style but with mediocre players, they build up and move with lots of short passes then gradually get to a point where they have 5-7 players in and around the box which may leave 1-2 players free. Obviously we should pick them up but it’s not always easy. They will always make chances, however our counter attack play seems more deadly right now.

I realize there’s a lot of negativity around Tottenham at the moment, and rightly so, but at any given time there are 5 or 6 managers who truly matter and are difference makers. And we have one of them. Enjoy the ride.

Back
Top Bottom