Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did I not read Brighton had a starting 11 costing 31 million.?
Maybe it was someone being sarcastic but it cost fuck all compared to our shite
There lies the problem ? £31 million and every one of the players fighting tooth and nail to get into the team whilst Spurs 'Big' stars waltz around in training and games knowing that they are a shoe-in for every game no matter how they perform ,would Conte have the bollocks to drop Lloris or Dier after their performances yesterday ,not a chance ,it will be Sessegnon ,Doherty,Sarr who will be dropped ?

Its safe to all assume we are Conte out now? Much like AVB a good manager, just not for THFC. He need to be gone by Friday am.
Before the city gane. Bet your bottom $ royal will play Thursday. First sun yday was Doh when him and kulu were getting some sort of success down our right. We were offering f all on the left.

They tried in the 2nd half, we were battered in the first half and 2 nil was flattering.
For me this has summed them up all season, come out flying, score early, get all the plaudits, then sit back and see it out.
They don't play "well" for 90 minutes like the so called experts would have you believe
I’m yes but that is far better than actually not playing football or trying to win the gane when staring games. Only when we are losing do we actually try to attack.

There lies the problem ? £31 million and every one of the players fighting tooth and nail to get into the team whilst Spurs 'Big' stars waltz around in training and games knowing that they are a shoe-in for every game no matter how they perform ,would Conte have the bollocks to drop Lloris or Dier after their performances yesterday ,not a chance ,it will be Sessegnon ,Doherty,Sarr who will be dropped ?
Romero was fucking useless yesterday. Luck not to get sent off. By the end he was like that last drunk in the pub going around looking for a fight

Lloris was at fault for both goals today, and is becoming a major liability, but just like our CB's, who are all flawed like him, Conte's tactics - or lack of - is really exposing all of them.

The lack of intensity starts in the front line with Kane, Kulusevski and worst of all Son who's always been a fucking limp biscuit, but is no longer paying any dividends whatsoever when we have the ball.

This puts pressure on the midfield - which because of Conte's intransigence nearly always consists of two bodies. Those bodies are all a bunch of plodders and again, because of Conte's rigid inflexibility, are always outnumbered, often by three midfielders who are all more mobile.

It doesn't matter how advanced or deep you want to set up, proactive or reactive strategy, if you lack intensity and cohesion you will struggle. We are possibly the most passive team in this league. And this is putting pressure on some really flawed players.

Yes, Lloris and the CB's fail too easily, but they are being put in the position to fail by what goes on ahead and around them constantly. The lack of intensity and effort from the forwards, WB's, CM's gives opposition players too much time and space on the ball. Sometimes forwards will plod into a half arsed press, the midfield don't seem to know the trigger or are numerically unable to cover the bases and before you know it the opposition have waltzed passed our front two lines and have time and space in our third to pick out crosses or take shots.

This isn't just about Lloris and the CB's. It's not just about the individual technical quality in this team. Both of which aren't fantastic. There is a collective lethargy about this team, a collective lack of cohesion. We have a less defined pattern of play this season than we did last season. This is like Redknapp era lottery bollocks - we look like a bunch of players being chucked out with very little tactical instruction. We generally do OK against the teams with inferior players than us and get beat and outplayed by those better than us. This is not what you expect from a decent coach, let alone one of the best paid in the world.
Agree with most of this. As far as Son is concerned I would argue that he is having to do too much tracking back not too little. He needs to be making runs in behind , the most advanced striker , and that is not happening . I do think that he would do that more in a 3-5-2 Or a 3-5-1-1 with Kane dropping off and the extra midfielder would reduce the need for Son to track back. But no space in that formațion for Kulu unless he plays in CM or even RWB.

I didn't realise that Ramsdale got MOTM.

I know we created a few chances, think it was 7 on target and 7 saved. Mad really. Fuck sake Hugo, that first goal really messed up things.

I didn't realise that Ramsdale got MOTM.

I know we created a few chances, think it was 7 on target and 7 saved. Mad really. Fuck sake Hugo, that first goal really messed up things.

Yes, we were really on top before Hugo made that mistake. He really ruined what was otherwise going to be a great performance.

Yes, we were really on top before Hugo made that mistake. He really ruined what was otherwise going to be a great performance.
I'm not saying it was going to turn into a great performance but we actually started the game okay, there was a good atmosphere in the stadium and that first goal really did kill it.

No way did we deserve to win, but Ramsdale did play well.

I'm not saying it was going to turn into a great performance but we actually started the game okay, there was a good atmosphere in the stadium and that first goal really did kill it.

No way did we deserve to win, but Ramsdale did play well.

We started OK but by the time they scored it was coming. They'd got their foot on the ball and were dictating the game already, we had a couple of clown show moments beforehand & looked terrified of the ball.

Ramsdale did well (he's a very good keeper) but other than maybe one save he had nothing to do until 2-0 down, at which point I actually think Woolwich panicked a bit and made the error of sitting in, but we just couldn't punish it.

Lloris was the rotten cherry on top of the dog poo cake & is finished, but I find it hard to blame him for the defeat, it very much felt like a collective failure.

We started OK but by the time they scored it was coming. They'd got their foot on the ball and were dictating the game already, we had a couple of clown show moments beforehand & looked terrified of the ball.

Ramsdale did well (he's a very good keeper) but other than maybe one save he had nothing to do until 2-0 down, at which point I actually think Woolwich panicked a bit and made the error of sitting in, but we just couldn't punish it.

Lloris was the rotten cherry on top of the dog poo cake & is finished, but I find it hard to blame him for the defeat, it very much felt like a collective failure.

Yeh, it was crap; but Lloris keep serving up dem cherries.

Yeh, it was crap; but Lloris keep serving up dem cherries.

He did, and it was very annoying. Made it extremely easy for them.

But I get the feeling we find a way to concede anyway. It felt like a matter of time at that point as we only seem to play when 2-0 behind. *Maybe* if he doesn't make that error we hold out but it always felt like we were just chasing the game.

Essentially I just don't have faith in the rest of the 11 even if Lloris doesn't let them down.

Yeah fair points.

Sess couldn't cross a ball either, there was a couple of occasions where he got in on the left but put two rubbish balls in. Really we were lucky to go in at HT at only 2-0 😂

Lloris errors though are messing us up big time, Newcastle, Villa and Woolwich x2. It doesn't help he can't kick the ball further than the halfway line anymore. New keeper needed ASAP.

Yeah fair points.

Sess couldn't cross a ball either, there was a couple of occasions where he got in on the left but put two rubbish balls in. Really we were lucky to go in at HT at only 2-0 😂

Lloris errors though are messing us up big time, Newcastle, Villa and Woolwich x2. It doesn't help he can't kick the ball further than the halfway line anymore. New keeper needed ASAP.

Probably the hardest position to fill, sadly. We've struggled to find a RWB/LCB to fit the bill but goalkeeper is even harder imo, the list of genuinely exciting options is incredibly short. Not really possible to sort in jan so that means dealing with Lloris or Forster for the rest of the season.... which is less than ideal.

Probably the hardest position to fill, sadly. We've struggled to find a RWB/LCB to fit the bill but goalkeeper is even harder imo, the list of genuinely exciting options is incredibly short. Not really possible to sort in jan so that means dealing with Lloris or Forster for the rest of the season.... which is less than ideal.
Probably irrelevant to this thread but I wouldn't mind Pickford in the summer. I think he's great for England and would suit us well. But yeah, looks as though we're stuck with Hugo till the summer for sure.

Did I not read Brighton had a starting 11 costing 31 million.?
Maybe it was someone being sarcastic but it cost fuck all compared to our shite
Yes it did. Think I or someone posted in one of the threads. £15M/yr plus over £100M spent last summer doesn’t get you much. To boot our scouting must be non existent.

Yeah fair points.
Really we were lucky to go in at HT at only 2-0 😂

The irony was that the one time he DID get some distance on it, we immediately lost possession and they waltzed up our end to score their 2nd...

I hate the panicky 'keeper nervously playing it out to equally terrified defenders routine, (that's the tactical term for it, right?) ...but if Lloris can't kick it long, and equally can't keep close possession in the area, wtf are we supposed to do?

Back
Top Bottom