Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My eyes are wide open, i want my Spurs back!

You are obviously satisfied with how things are going

I see no difference between the last half season under Poch (only Brighton had a worse record in the PL) and our performance today.

You're living on one fucking game the CL semi-final.

How did that competition end?

Another toothless performance.

A top coach should be able to set up a system that favors the talent he has. That goes for any sport I think.

And Conte doesn’t

Obviously the system wasn’t working after 20 mins but no change until it was too late

Gil coming on for the last two minutes was disgraceful

Bring him on at 60 mins

Try something different but no the same cowardly shite

I have only seen sky highlights so far and will watch full game on Spursplay to do the ratings. I did note that Lloris came off his feet and dived backwards for the first goal. A simple firm punch or parry from a standing position would have done. He shouldn't really be getting beat from that distance on the second goal either.
I saw our best chances to score and they were reasonable attempts but not quite good enough to beat Ramsdale.
If anyone feels like rating I would appreciate it. I know it's painful.
Dunno about rating: I feel more like ranting.

Fine. Then get someone else who plays attacking football and are available. I´m not locked att Poch, but want someone like him.

We cant afford to lose more points now, therefor we need change NOW. And as Poch is available, i suggested him
This is the nub of the problem. There's not a single manager out there who's not aware of how we're run. An experienced and sought after manager isn't going to come here and inherit this awful mess knowing he won't be backed including Poch. We need a young ambitious guy wanting to make his name
Someone hungry with nothing to lose. All these "names" we've had have been awful
Time to take a chance I think. Or nick Frank....Thomas, not Lampard.

No where near Jonathan Leiws Guardian article - but another one pointing the finger @ Mr Conte.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...lwich-live-score-premier-league-derby-latest/

I see no difference between the last half season under Poch (only Brighton had a worse record in the PL) and our performance today.

You're living on one fucking game the CL semi-final.

How did that competition end?

Another toothless performance.
There was no difference, it was awful. Because Levy decided to not back him

But the 4 seasons prior to that we played the best football we have ever played for the last 35 years. Teams feared us.

Teams certainly aren´t fearing us now, AND we play awful football

Yet again we concede first, yet again we concede two goals, yet again another first half no-show.

We've become an absolute shambles in the space of just 6 months. Truly painful when you consider how both teams ended last season.

This fucking club will be the death of me

And no trophy come end of this season levy has to sell up. Cant charge high ticket prices for boring football and nothing to show. Were passionate fans but patience being 2nd best has worn thin.
Man, you certainly are a positive one!

Happy Keep Your Head Up GIF by JCPenney

Lloris was at fault for both goals today, and is becoming a major liability, but just like our CB's, who are all flawed like him, Conte's tactics - or lack of - is really exposing all of them.

The lack of intensity starts in the front line with Kane, Kulusevski and worst of all Son who's always been a fucking limp biscuit, but is no longer paying any dividends whatsoever when we have the ball.

This puts pressure on the midfield - which because of Conte's intransigence nearly always consists of two bodies. Those bodies are all a bunch of plodders and again, because of Conte's rigid inflexibility, are always outnumbered, often by three midfielders who are all more mobile.

It doesn't matter how advanced or deep you want to set up, proactive or reactive strategy, if you lack intensity and cohesion you will struggle. We are possibly the most passive team in this league. And this is putting pressure on some really flawed players.

Yes, Lloris and the CB's fail too easily, but they are being put in the position to fail by what goes on ahead and around them constantly. The lack of intensity and effort from the forwards, WB's, CM's gives opposition players too much time and space on the ball. Sometimes forwards will plod into a half arsed press, the midfield don't seem to know the trigger or are numerically unable to cover the bases and before you know it the opposition have waltzed passed our front two lines and have time and space in our third to pick out crosses or take shots.

This isn't just about Lloris and the CB's. It's not just about the individual technical quality in this team. Both of which aren't fantastic. There is a collective lethargy about this team, a collective lack of cohesion. We have a less defined pattern of play this season than we did last season. This is like Redknapp era lottery bollocks - we look like a bunch of players being chucked out with very little tactical instruction. We generally do OK against the teams with inferior players than us and get beat and outplayed by those better than us. This is not what you expect from a decent coach, let alone one of the best paid in the world.

Last edited:
Another £150 spunked watching a bunch of Cunts who couldn’t give a fuck about the fans.
2 home games on the trot where our club captain has cost us and lost the game.

Up till the goal Hugo gifted them, the stadium was buzzing literally buzzing, if the players can’t respond to that then they don’t deserve to play for this club.
Once they were gifted the lead, you then heard from the opposition fans and of course they could make noise up,till the final whistle..

Simply unacceptable and no toss given to the fans who had to sit there and listen to their fans tell us we will always be shit ..
Every single one of them cunts needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and understand what they have done to the fans.

A pitiful team of bottlers.

Son was rubbish today, bloody awful.. I am convinced he is being played for commercial reasons..

Too many Son fans at the Stadium (who don't support Spurs), too many general tourists and people actually buying and wearing Spurs / Woolwich half 'n' half scarves - wtf is all that about..

I would happily knock this stadium down and go back to the old WHL with 30 odd thousand supporters that want to be there..
As my seat is right next to the Premium section, I always have tourists sitting to the right. Today I had three Sonny fans in my row, four in the row behind and another two in the row in front. One woman videoed the whole game on her phone on a selfie stick, the others had no interest in the game, apart from when Sonny was on the ball, so they weren't very animated! So your point about him being played to pull in his countrymen is quite valid, especially as they nearly all spend a small fortune in the shop.
And I'm with you re half & half scarves for any PL games, an abomination and part of what's wrong with the modern game.

Back
Top Bottom