Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last time I went to New WHL I had a similar experience in the old Paxton lower, two rows from the front, Son fans to my right and a very friendly American couple who didn't know what offside was on my left. Perfectly pleasant... But "perfectly pleasant" to me isn't what elite level sport is all about.
Unfortunately that's the reality at most, if not all of the bigger clubs now.

Even back in 2016 I remember going to a game against Burnley and being surrounded by tourists - there were even two Fiorentina fans singing their songs before kick off which I just couldnt believe.

It's no longer about the "legacy fans" but appealing to the global audience and the tourists who are going to spend a fortune on tickets / shirts / memorabilia and so on.

See if you're moaning about international fans visiting, that's not going to change with new owners. You'll see them flooding to Citeh and the Geordies now as well. If you're embracing modern football with megaowners you have to embrace the tourists too.

The only way it changes with new owners is if they cut prices to make it more accessible to local fans again and somehow give local fans first dibs (ie a One Hotspur UK and a One Hotspur International with different ticketing windows?)

The stadium itself isn't to blame, we needed the extra capacity.

Also saw my first obvious and open Tout outside the new Stadium yesterday, bold as brass, outside the shops on the high road, selling tickets to Son fans.. Load of cash being exchanged for the full Sonny experience.. well they certainly had their moneys worth didn't they !!

I can't quite understand how these tickets are being sold on. It can only be phone screen shots I guess, from Season Ticket holders making money and not going.
Yes, I saw lots of people entering the stadium with paper tickets, so that will not stop touts. In this day and age, don't see why all entrance access shouldn't be via smart phone, there aren't many people who don't have one, and arrangements can be made for those few.

We are handing the title to the scum. I guarantee we are getting points against City which will help their cause. Jesus I feel so sick.
You just know it don't you?
I have that feeling too, we will go to the Etihad and these cunts will turn it on, giving Woolwich a lead they cannot blow
Just typifies everything about this club

Yes, I saw lots of people entering the stadium with paper tickets, so that will not stop touts. In this day and age, don't see why all entrance access shouldn't be via smart phone, there aren't many people who don't have one, and arrangements can be made for those few.
Oh, how I hate these figures!

If something comes up and I can't see the game - sure, then you can give the card away or resell it.

But this ticket grabbing and the idiots who go to the stadium because of a guy and not because of the game and certainly not because of Spurs - just puke!
Viagogo is also a crap that sells tickets overpriced.

The Club must have to put a spanner in the works for all of them!
Track tickets, identify vendors, block and stadium ban!

You just know it don't you?
I have that feeling too, we will go to the Etihad and these cunts will turn it on, giving Woolwich a lead they cannot blow
Just typifies everything about this club
Looks like you're absolutely right!

But what do you want to do.
It's hard to say that the dirt shouldn't become a master and we'll help with that.
Of course you know that too, we can't give away any more points if we want to play internationally in the coming season - in Frankfurt, for example!;)

Couldn’t agree more. These people are taking tickets from real fans who deserved to be there today..
yes we lost but many members couldn’t get tickets and I still don’t know how so many of these manage to get tickets.
Son needs to be dropped because he has been a passenger all season, then maybe they would stop taking seats from lifelong fans.

I agree about Son but you still get posters on here saying that there’s no alternative!!

Surely one of the kids or Gil are an alternative?

Oh, how I hate these figures!

If something comes up and I can't see the game - sure, then you can give the card away or resell it.

But this ticket grabbing and the idiots who go to the stadium because of a guy and not because of the game and certainly not because of Spurs - just puke!
Viagogo is also a crap that sells tickets overpriced.

The Club must have to put a spanner in the works for all of them!
Track tickets, identify vendors, block and stadium ban!
They won't because they don't care where the money comes from, all they want is a full stadium.
PL football is now an 'entertainment' business, especially in London, where a visit to a game is like going to the theatre or Madame Tussauds (yes I used that example on purpose, as some of our players have the same animation as a waxwork!). Don't blame them I suppose, as if I was in the States, I wouldn't mind going to a baseball game, although I have no idea what is going on.
The Sonny 'thing' is a different animal though. It must cost thousands to come over just to see him, and there's hundreds of them here at every game.

Day off today so I am about to put myself through watching the game on Spursplay. I have media ratings and will post mine after watching. I understand the reluctance to rate the players but would appreciate some input if possible.

Not here to talk about what happened between 4.30pm and 6.15pm

What I'd like to discuss is the miserable policing outside the ground and the utterly moronic staff around the ground.

I arrived 15-20 minutes before kick off. My entrance number is 18 on the south end of the east stand.
I was confronted with a good few hundred fans and police completely blocking off the way through.
The police were not offering any alternative. They had apparently also blocked off the pathway at the north end of the stadium. They were literally just blocking off half the stadium without a reason or an alternative route.

The stadium staff in the meantime, were not allowing fans in the area's blocked offed from entering the stadium unless it was from their designated entrance.
Consider that this is just an initial entry point, you can, once you've had your ticket scanned, get from that entry point to your actual turn style easily. I ended up getting quite riled up and telling the staff we were coming in and that they can't just leave ticket holding fans outside the stadium for no reason. I had one woman arguing back that we couldn't go in and one man, 2 feet from her who seemed to have an actual brain. He scanned the ticket with no problems and let us in.

I've been to about 6 NLD's over the years and never once had a problem. I'd like to know why the police were acting like such idiots and why the stadium staff aren't briefed on what to do when the police do act like idiots.

Also worth noting that on the way to the ground and on the way back to the station, i saw large crowds of officers - 30+ of them, boxing small numbers of fans up against walls. I presume Woolwich fans but who knows.

It feels to me that in addition to general fan negativity, the police and stadium staff did little more than wind everyone up yesterday.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Only just finished watching on catch-up...... What shit!

Neither manager, nor players dug anything extra out of the locker for us on derby day did they? :(

A performance 8 days in the making and yet:

- Slow, passive 1st half.
- Couple of timely gift-goals meaning the oppo didn't have to even work that hard... Seriously Lloris; WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!
- No change of personnel, tactics or system til 71mins.
- Son plays another stinker and yet lasts the full 96mins.

......The positivity and promise of the 2nd half of last season seems like a lifetime away.

Woolwich title challenge just emotes everything off the scale. Fucking horrible.
Nearly as depressing reading about it as it was watching it yesterday . Having slept on it , feel even worse now

I've watched the first half and Hojbjerg was nowhere near as bad as I expected, some good tackling and nice ball into Kane for his header on goal well saved. Especially considering his workload. Sarr did little. Sess also better than I thought. Romero poor, he stood in front and turned his back on the shot for the second goal. Which Hugo invited by lumping a pass upfield , conceding possession and it came straight back for the shot.

with cold mind, it wasn't a 0-2 match for the chances teams have created.
but they have a good GK, we have ex good GK
they have footballers able to shoot from distance, we have footballers that failed to score from inside the box
I am truly embittered

Not here to talk about what happened between 4.30pm and 6.15pm

What I'd like to discuss is the miserable policing outside the ground and the utterly moronic staff around the ground.

I arrived 15-20 minutes before kick off. My entrance number is 18 on the south end of the east stand.
I was confronted with a good few hundred fans and police completely blocking off the way through.
The police were not offering any alternative. They had apparently also blocked off the pathway at the north end of the stadium. They were literally just blocking off half the stadium without a reason or an alternative route.

The stadium staff in the meantime, were not allowing fans in the area's blocked offed from entering the stadium unless it was from their designated entrance.
Consider that this is just an initial entry point, you can, once you've had your ticket scanned, get from that entry point to your actual turn style easily. I ended up getting quite riled up and telling the staff we were coming in and that they can't just leave ticket holding fans outside the stadium for no reason. I had one woman arguing back that we couldn't go in and one man, 2 feet from her who seemed to have an actual brain. He scanned the ticket with no problems and let us in.

I've been to about 6 NLD's over the years and never once had a problem. I'd like to know why the police were acting like such idiots and why the stadium staff aren't briefed on what to do when the police do act like idiots.

Also worth noting that on the way to the ground and on the way back to the station, i saw large crowds of officers - 30+ of them, boxing small numbers of fans up against walls. I presume Woolwich fans but who knows.

It feels to me that in addition to general fan negativity, the police and stadium staff did little more than wind everyone up yesterday.
Unsure what was the "plan" at Northumberland Park post-match.
I left bang on the whistle and legged it for a quick getaway down Park Lane.
Got held outside the station as per (wanted a train to Liverpool Street) and when the next train came in it left at least partially empty which riled an already obviously deliriously happy crowd up so don't know what the issue was with letting more over the infinite ramps onto the platform?
They then let a very very small amount (much smaller than usual) through eventually (only just got through) onto the virtually empty platform.
Even the Spurs stewards were giving it Police style commands ("lock" - really?) When I got past the Oyster readers (which there need to be more of either on the ramps or bridge or platform to avoid the chaos of touching-in) something kicked off which necessitated Police running down to help.
Given the result that meant surely everybody there had either left early or bang on time and would be Tottenham so the very moody big bulky Police presence in the dark in front of the station was a bit of a red (ugh) rag.

Back
Top Bottom