Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He won't spend a penny in January. It might hurt his profit margins
I don't even think it's about the profit margins in this situation - to be fair, if we can't get someone right in central midfield then there's no point in collecting driftwood. Getting rid of the guys who don't play and perhaps a buy/loan back for the rest of the season could be the best we can hope for.

It almost looked like when we went 1-0 up the players thought "fuck it, we'll stroll through this, lets just go through the motions, maybe we'll nick another goal in the process." Second half was an absolute farce and even at 1-1 the players were going at absolute snails pace, unable to get out of the low gear they'd put themselves in. Attitude wise this was up there with the Newcastle game final day of 15/16 in terms of worst displays under Poch.

What's so weird about it is that you don't have to be a card carrying Football Man to know that Wolves are one of the teams in the Premier League you don't sit back on a one goal lead against. Given our record of throwing away leads this season we shouldn't be comfortable with leading by one goal against anyone, but Wolves have shown repeatedly that they are good at getting back into games.

I dunno if this was poor preparation (which would surprise me, because how to approach this was really obvious) or the players being spent after scoring eleven goals in the space of a few days (which seems more likely to me). It was a complete nightmare of a performance from top to bottom, though.

He’s had a elite side for four seasons John - he just hasn’t the required ability at this level. If you can’t win silverware with the likes of Kane, Ali, Eriksen to name a few you are not going to win it with anyone else. As I have said time and time again it’s the Redknapp era all over again and deep down you all know I’m right on this.[/QUOTE]
Too early to jump to this conclusion. I can't believe I am saying this because I think you are a troll and had you blocked on SC and will probably end up blocking you here BUT I think some of your conclusions have validity. I DO NOT agree with them but if someone arrived at them utilizing the evidence I wouldn't conclude they were deluded. I would just think they were premature or wrong.

Over the Xmas period, the two sides with the most rest? Manchester City and Liverpool.

The team with the least? Spurs.

With 3 central midfielders injured.

Harry Winks and Moussa Sissoko just played their 4th game in 10 days.

Fucking heroes to me.
The manager could have used Skipp more if he felt the CMs were too fatigued.

I’m starting to think Spursdem is a Liverpool supporter given how it is never our fault. Today was down to them getting 4 extra days - hilarious.
Nope, today was about getting beaten in central midfield. Because our central midfielders have played 4 games in 10 days. They were knackered.

You choose to return from the bin to dig them out for their heroic efforts.

You turdnuggget.

Where did it go wrong? Starting 11 was very strong.

Taking Dele off for Lucas turned the game.

Whilst we weren't creating too much before the substitute, Wolves weren't either. Sacrificing our central midfield for an attacking player cost us. Mixed in with fatigue across the board.

Dele was poor by his standards and was probably rushed back too soon - but if we were to take him off, it needed to be for Skipp at least.

Not sure why people are blaming Hugo, his distribution was good enough and the third goal was a mid field turnover that left him wide open. Second goal was good play from wolves, he might have done better there. Header from a corner was gonna be hard to stop anyway

Back
Top Bottom