Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck off and stop putting words in the mouth of fellow spurs fans. No one is taking delight in this and all your bizarre critique of Liverpool's defenders looks rather silly now when you compare their consistency this season and this match.

And I'm not playing internet referee, I tire of the fact that you're a broken record when you think you're right but I dare say that if I pointed out how this result and our squad option doesn't support the notion that it was fine and dandy to sign nobody in the summer, I'm sure you'll also lump me in with taking pleasure in this result.

Fuck off mate if you can’t think of anything else to annoy you today you’re pretty fucked in the head

Spurs lose a game of this magnitude

“OOOOHHHHH LOOK AT HIM!!
HE SAID SANCHEZ WAS BETTER THAN VVD!!!!!”

Dickhead

Trippier is so poor right now he can’t put in a decent ball in to the box everybody time he takes to long and gets shut down or he cuts back on his left knowing it’s non existent, he makes far to many defensive mistakes as well he’s considering we use are full backs a lot going forward he’s Offered nothing for the last 10 games . Walkers peters needs to be first choice from now on until trippier hits some kind of form because he’s useless right now .

No my point was that he was taken off with an injury
What the fuck does that have to do with anything? My initial fucking point I made was in response to choosing a starting XI, as Tripps and Davies were chosen to start. So your response makes even less fucking sense. Perhaps you should stop while you are only slightly behind and looking foolish.

The team is knackered. Give them a break you lot. We have had a crazy ficture schedule and an unbelievable amount of injuries. This year's title push was a surprise. We have been playing away for almost 2 years. It's games when you're shattered you need the fans and the atmosphere to push you through which the old lane used to do. Wembley doesn't do that for the players so results like this are expected given the circumstances. Staying in the top four and having champions League in the new stadium next season is the priority. We can push for a title challenge next year with that stadium and a couple of signings. Don't all cry because we lost a game. We are still second in the league above man city. No one would have expected that at the start of the season. Keep the faith. COYS.

Hopefully the ridiculous title talk stops now. Poch did a great job anyway in dampening any hopes before the game.

Regarding the game itself I can't think what was said at half time because we were absolutely pathetic second half

Well done wolves

Go on Liverpool you cnuts, run away with it and make the media happy
Aye, in fairness, he does seem right when he said it still comes down to Liverpool and Man City.

Ok let's see how liverpool do, will they bottle/fatigue?!

To be fair, they have more options in midfield and have had far fewer injuries. Not that I disagree with your overall point.

We need a CM. Could do with another DM too. We've been saying this for about 18 months.

People who are talking about mentality or bottle or spursy or some other bullshit are absolute idiots. This isn't down to some intangible narrative nonsense. We looked slow and tired from the start, which is absolutely to be expected given the fixture congestion. We have been operating at our absolute peak capacity, and riding our luck to some extent too, it was always going to end up like this. I came into this match only hoping for the best but expecting the worst, because I knew that our chances of maintaining this run were getting slimmer by the match. We are not at all ready to win the title. If we can even secure another top 3 finish, it would be a huge accomplishment given the circumstances around this season. We MUST sign players in January, it doesn't matter if they wont immediately improve our starting 11; we need options, we need to be able to rotate more, we need competition for places.

It's sad as fuck, but not at all unexpected. We just have to go back under the radar where we thrive, recover from this setback as we always do, stop anymore fucking talk of titles or anything like that, and remember that we can't take anything for granted. We have to always fear the worst and fight for everything. That is our position amongst the elite, we are barely holding our own up there with the big boys and it's never easy.

Nothing wrong with the first half performance. Only 1-0 but looked in total control. Plenty of chances being created. But second half. Not a shot on goal. Blame fatigue and fixtures but that's just bollocks. No sign of that first half. After the run we've been on and a goal up, I think we can muster up more effort then that. That was just embarrassing

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? My initial fucking point I made was in response to choosing a starting XI, as Tripps and Davies were chosen to start. So your response makes even less fucking sense. Perhaps you should stop while you are only slightly behind and looking foolish.

It means it wasn’t a tactic

Same issue seems with Poch, Wolves all over us second half and no reaction to bring on subs to negate the pressure with Foyth and KWP on the bench.

Wolves came with a plan, Poch came without one.

I have never ever seen any team with so much possession create bugger all in forty five minutes of football. Eriksen, Winks, Trippier and Dele in particular were piss poor.

I can hear the excuses from Poch now, too many games, heavy pitches, World Cup, but fuck it all he could have started Skip, Peter's and Moura from the off, and gave us more momentum.

Today for me Winks proved that his footballing vision with the ball is ninety percent sideways or backwards, and with the players in front of him at his disposal that is the last thing we need.
We could easily have been 3-0 up at half time.
We looked lethargic second half, I don't understand why Llorente didn't get on.

The funny thing is a lot of people seem to actually be happy with this.

Not gonna be a popular opinion but I honest to God would rather we won an FA Cup than finish top 4 this season we need a cup that bad. People remember cup winning sides not teams that put the pressure on.

Of course there are a lot of modern supporters only care about status - they are obsessed about what other parties think about their club. As long as the football is pretty and the talk is good that is all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom