Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well said Mick
Forums are for people to air there opinions in a civilised way
Nobody owns this forum in the same way nobody owns the wolves forum
I wouldn’t come on here slagging you your team or your manager off
Just a pitty there are cretins about who fell it is necessary to do this

Incorrect. SOME forums are there for people to air their opinions in a civilised way. And yes, of course somebody owns this forum you stupid cunt.

THIS forum is a very partisan spurs forum comprised of aggressive cunts who are pretty much all spurs through and through.

You want to go have a 'friendly chat' with spurs fans...go to Spurs Community.

This here, be the pub that doesn't like outsiders. Get it? Good

Fuck off you mug, ain't you got any mates you can celebrate the biggest result your clubs had In a decade with, instead of logging into a Tottenham forum, what a sad, pathetic existence you are living , I pity you
Fuck off you mug, ain't you got any mates you can celebrate the biggest result your clubs had In a decade with, instead of logging into a Tottenham forum, what a sad, pathetic existence you are living , I pity you
Mate we were winning trophies before you lot had Electricity. . Jokes aside we all know spurs are a class act, but thought our boys deserved it, we've rotated our midfield over Xmas and I think last 20 it showed, all the best for season and I genuinely mean that

At 2-1 up against a 'big club' we were going for a 3rd goal. We didnt even park the bus then. You are very bitter and cant just give credit where it is due. You dismissed us and got beat by the better team on the day.

Oh do fuck off you clown.. Why didn't you sign up here when we beat you at your place?? you are nothing but a yo-yo team like you neighbours. It happens, the little teams occasionally catch the big teams on a bad day, and that;s what happened.. Now disappear you Muppet.

Personally I think it’s ok to call a spade a spade.

Barca was immense.....Everton was immense.....scum away was immense....

So what?
That means today wasn’t a shit in your bed piece of fucking garbage match?

No, it doesn’t I’m afraid.
We’ve been here before, Leicester WHL, Battle of the Bridge, scum at WHL 2-2, West Ham.

Key games year after year.

Today we could have gone 3pts behind Liverpool by beating some champo mid table team.

And what do we do? Lose our bollocks at 1-0 up. Again. Gift Liverpool a relaxing afternoon down the spa, knowing allllllll the pressure was off now.

5 steps forward, then kick ourselves in the face. Every fucking season.

We need to turn that corner. The excuses are running out.
No one is demanding the PL Title.

What I’m demanding is a change in our mentality for once, to match the managers big fucking words. Talk is cheap.
Sick of falling at the first hurdle every time a game pops up that you genuinely think “win this and who knows”.

Last edited:
Parking the bus is a phrase associated with a tactic employed by teams who go to 'big clubs' where they go with the mentality of pinching a point by putting 11 men behind the ball, playing 1 up front etc.

Well thats funny because Jose Mourinho has just spent the last decade of his career doing just that managing some of the biggest or richest clubs in the world.

This is not the mentality we will be approaching the game with. It may well be to our disadvantage and play into your hands but we will be going there to try and win the game. We will play on the break as its away from home against a top team and we will not have the ball very often. We have pace on the counter and we will press higher up the pitch than those that 'park the bus' You saw a different match to the one i saw at Molineux.

I didnt say you parked the bus at Molinuex, I said I wasnt impressed or entertained by you. Sorry you find it so annoying that Im not fawning over the fact your team kicks the ball forward. You got battered, then we gifted you a lifeline and you went all out for an equaliser. Not sure what else you saw that I didnt.

You conveniently failed to mention the perfectly good goal dissalowed and the fact we fought hard 3-0 down and created enough chances to have at least got a point.
But you lost. You didnt score a goal from open play, and one penalty was dubious at best. Ce la vie.
While you're banging on about goals that were disallowed as if they count, you seem to be overlooking that fact we had more shots on target than you and more possession in your own ground.
You fought hard, like any team would with 3-0 to 3-2 reverse from two penalties with 20 minutes left. Not sure whats uniquely Wolves about it.

We went to your neighbours and got a point and should have got all 3. They thought we would park the the bus aswell.

We may well get heavily beaten if your on your game by trying to beat you but i assure you that Nuno wont decide to abandon his football principles for this game.

I havent argued my face off that you will park the bus, it was a simple opinion on a match thread on a Spurs forum about how I think that maybe after our last two games, the oppo might be happier putting bodies behind the ball. If you find that so absurdly offensive to your new found belief that Wolves are the new Ajax of the 70's, then thats your problem to be fair.

I dont give a fuck if you park the bus or not, I just suspect that you might.

That Wolves cunt is so thin skinned. Came on here expecting everyone to gush over how AMAZING his team are this season and then gets all punchy because he didn't get the reaction he wanted.

Just another club that has sold their soul in favour of short -term 'success' and the fans are all for it.

Let's face it Mate, if you're happy to be known as the Yam Yam army, you're not going to be wired up correctly.

v

DvlrX05WkAYLsoV.jpg:large

Not sure how anyone watches that performance and singles Winks out for criticism over Sissoko, who offered absolutely nothing for 95 minutes.

What was his role today? Who fucking knows? Does he?

Winks role was just to mind the middle and keep us ticking (which he did seeing a shitload of the ball - more than anyone else), both Eriksen and Sissoko where supposed to be the 8’s linking the attack, both were worse than Winks at their remits, but at least Eriksen saw a shitload more of the ball and tried. Sissoko did fuck all.

I knew it

All Sissoko’s fault

:akabusi:

How is Harry Kane MBE, England hero and centre forward for this country booked for 'diving' when the guy's leg comes out and trips him. Yet Eden Hazard (Belgium), Mo Salah (Egypt), Snodgrass (Scotland), and loads of others rewarded with free kicks and pens every week?????? It's criminal.........

I genuinely think we just struggle with expectation.

I think as a club we are excellent at getting a great run of wins under our belt which then puts us in a good position and our eyes start to light up a little bit but when there is a weight of expectation we just sort of crumble.

I genuinely believe if Man City didn't lose their last 2 games and we found ourselves sitting in 3rd, we don't lose this game. But that's just my opinion.

Regarding Dembele, is this final stages of on-field rehab or has he not even returned to on-field work yet?

Would be great to have Dembele in January, especially with the league cup semi final coming up.

Got to give it to Wolves, at least they are trying to play football.

Fans seem decent from what I have seen on TV although as we have seen many many times in the past newly promoted sides fans are usually noisy in the first premier season. Until reality kicks in.

Still think it will be 7-1 though :tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom