Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good job you don’t like to single out one player.

Not liking it doesn't mean it isn't true. He was very lucky that his soft defending didn't have us 2-0 down at Goodison, the referee saved him on that occasion.

As a team we were dreadful in the second half today but we still shouldn't concede that goal. In many ways today was like the Watford game earlier in the season. Cruising at 1-0 but when they made their subs and started trying to score we weren't ready to deal with it and shat ourselves on a set piece, before completely losing control of the game. Davinson is the most expensive player we have ever signed and has to do better, whether he's rusty or not. Like Poch said after the game, it's impossible to concede that goal. The goal that Deeney scored was virtually identical so to be done twice in the same way is a bad sign. These are mistakes that title winning teams don't make more than once.

Well buzz and drink it in on your own forum, nobody gives a shit about your view of the game and we don't now have some new found respect for you, you're a mid table side we should of beat, thats it. Spare me with the 3 years ago you were in League 1 shit, you bought your way to the prem, you snapped up players from portugal through some dodgy agent dealings, players who would no way of joined a lower mid table championship side otherwise, you were a man city of the championship, I will never respect that.

Okay mate like I say I came on for a balanced view... I personally haven't bragged or give it the big one one... As for dodgy dealings I'm sure you would all take the higher moral ground if someone came in with money... As for being a nothing club yes mate we've done nothing for a long time but check the honours list.. Football started well before Brian Deane scored the first goal in the Premier league, there was football before then

Fuck off you gloating gobshite cunt
They had 0 shots on target and 33% of the ball in the first half and they want to re write history and act like they were all about the flare the whole game.

They were shit, but we played in that way we do sometimes that makes me wonder what all the fuss about Poch is.

Should be out there managing.....tearing holes in Dele and Son not sitting there with his arms folded hoping Wolves stop playing

Last edited:
And we've spent double what they did.

Eh? show your workings. According to the Liverpool Echo regarding the summer transfer window...

Liverpool paid out £160.85million on new signings this summer with £35.75million recouped in sales.

The Reds' net spend was £125.1million based on fees that are guaranteed rather than add-ons or options that have yet to be triggered.

Our was £0.00. Possibly less if there were any loan fees for Onomah, CCV or Edwards incoming

They had 0 shots on target and 33% of the ball in the first half and they want to the write history and act like they were all about the flare the whole game.

They were shit, but we played in that way we do sometimes that makes me wonder what all the fuss about Poch is.

Should be out there managing.....tearing holes in Dele and Son not sitting there with his arms folded hoping Wolves stop playing
Good on ye, Sammy. Your voice is an important one

It's games like this that truly cost, and not those away against the top four sides. If we fail to strengthen this squad, then Levy will only have himslef to blame, Poch will go (who could blame him) but on the positive side Levy will have one big Gin Palace to brag about, and a fancy Cheese Room something that i guess we should all be chuffed to fucking bits about.
LKTJ.gif

The absolute fucking state of some of you..The result was poor but some of the comments are beyond embarrassing.. When Woolwich lose the same people post pictures of someone eating Popcorn and boast about how they can't wait for Arse TV and the incoming meltdown.. Well look at yourselves before you mention metldowns, up there with the worst i've seen.
Yes we were poor and deserved nothing but it's that time of year when anything can and does happen, did none of you notice that Man City got beat by Palace last week? i happens, I just hope the players respond better than some of you.
Using terms such as 'bottlers and Spursy' is what we expect from pathetic little trolls from other clubs, but to see your own fans use it... well there are no words. Get a fucking grip and man up.

We have been on an amazing run of games, just come off the back of a 5-0 and a 6-2 masterclass, we knocked Woolwich out of the quarter finals of the league cup, we went to Barca needing a result and we got it. If that is going to be forgotten because of one blip then you need to have a good look at yourselves.
I've seen comments like 'Poch is at fault because he keeps rotating the fullbacks" etc etc, did anyone make those comments when we were winning week in week out?

Results like this can happen but it's how you react and we need to make sure this was just a one off. It's only half way through the season and if you think that one result changes anything then think again.
Liverpool will have a poor result or two at some point, that's how IT works, NO ONE WINS EVERY GAME AND WE ARE NO DIFFERENT.
The players and the manager do not deserve some of the critisism that's been aimed at them today.

Well said Billy

Pity Vince disagrees but he sounds pissed to me and I thought he was off it now

I don't think Lucas should have come on at all - it wasn't the game for him. We needed to get more control of midfield. Skipp coming on made the most sense out of those on the bench, unless we were going to take Son off and bring Foyth on to go 3 at the back.

Winks had a good first half and as a team we were in complete control. The less said about the second half, the better.
Great points. One thing though an alternative would be to have put Rose on and move Davies to LCB as most of the overloads were occuring down that wing, left footers etc etc. Either way there were moves for Poch to make other than further weakening our MF and adding a direct player when his complaint post-match was we were being too direct.

Okay mate like I say I came on for a balanced view... I personally haven't bragged or give it the big one one... As for dodgy dealings I'm sure you would all take the higher moral ground if someone came in with money... As for being a nothing club yes mate we've done nothing for a long time but check the honours list.. Football started well before Brian Deane scored the first goal in the Premier league, there was football before then

Enjoy your moment in the sun you cunt. Do you get an open top bus parade for beating a team in the top 6?

The day I am sad enough to sign up to an opposition teams forum is the day I will jack in football for good. I bet you are one of those social media types who have 'bantz on Twitter'.

Back
Top Bottom