Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They’ll park the bus, I have no doubts.
Going to be more frustrating but should be winning this.
Wolves fan here. Not sure if you watch any football other than Spurs but Wolves have not parked the bus in any game we have played since Nuno took over. The popular myth that newly promoted teams are anti football and try to hang in there for a point does not apply to wolves. We will probably play on the break, i hope that Poch sets you up as if your playing Cardiff or Newcastle because if thats the case you may be in for a surprise. I actually hope Spurs win the league (as i dont think wolves will) but this is a very ignorant post. Good luck after tomorrow.

Wolves fan here. Not sure if you watch any football other than Spurs but Wolves have not parked the bus in any game we have played since Nuno took over. The popular myth that newly promoted teams are anti football and try to hang in there for a point does not apply to wolves. We will probably play on the break, i hope that Poch sets you up as if your playing Cardiff or Newcastle because if thats the case you may be in for a surprise. I actually hope Spurs win the league (as i dont think wolves will) but this is a very ignorant post. Good luck after tomorrow.
Its great to see wolves back where they belong and thriving. Hopefully we beat you today then you go on and beat all our rivals. Wolves support is very commendable.

It's a SPURS football forum, nobhead. Believe it or not, your kind aren't welcome on here. Nobody gives a shit about you or your opinions. Fuck off back to your Wolves forum, or find another forum which gives a shit about your views.
Now...don't bother replying. Nobody gives a flying fuck what you have to say. Get lost
That's a bit harsh
It's the 12 year olds that come on that aren't welcome, if folk come aboard the match chat and don't act like twats then why can't we talk football?
Let's face it, if we were all sat in the same pub and didn't start acting like shitheads then we'd simply share views and opinions. Not every meeting between rival fans has to turn into a ruck.

That game is SOOOOO bitter pill to swallow.

There are so many things one could blame - injury issues, fatique, squad depth, refereeing decisons etc...
But I really believe it all came down to mentality. We just collapsed mentally.

I mean there was a team, who played really well in 1st half. Wolves did not cause any troubles for us. While in the last 30 minutes of the game, they were two heads above us in every respect. They have had the same challenging schedule in recent past. And injuries (or anything else) did not have their impact during the HT interval. Can I remind you - we made 0 SHOTS DURING 2ND HALF. This is just beyond awful. And when things got out of hands (when they drew or when they took the lead), it was visible how our players dropped their shoulders and basically gave up. There was not a single player on the field who would have had enough fighting spirit to cheer on others. To smack someone across the head. To yell or wake others up. Every single player in last half an hour was a passanger. And this is unacceptable. This fact hurts me so much more than a loss.

If it would have been the case that we created a lot but just failed to convert our chances, or oppo keeper would have had game of his life or smth. But no. We were really poor on 2nd half and unfortunately deserved the loss.

And now Pool has 9 (!) point advantage over us...
Not the end of the world, but with such fashion it is unacceptable to lose!

That game is SOOOOO bitter pill to swallow.

There are so many things one could blame - injury issues, fatique, squad depth, refereeing decisons etc...
But I really believe it all came down to mentality. We just collapsed mentally.

I mean there was a team, who played really well in 1st half. Wolves did not cause any troubles for us. While in the last 30 minutes of the game, they were two heads above us in every respect. They have had the same challenging schedule in recent past. And injuries (or anything else) did not have their impact during the HT interval. Can I remind you - we made 0 SHOTS DURING 2ND HALF. This is just beyond awful. And when things got out of hands (when they drew or when they took the lead), it was visible how our players dropped their shoulders and basically gave up. There was not a single player on the field who would have had enough fighting spirit to cheer on others. To smack someone across the head. To yell or wake others up. Every single player in last half an hour was a passanger. And this is unacceptable. This fact hurts me so much more than a loss.

If it would have been the case that we created a lot but just failed to convert our chances, or oppo keeper would have had game of his life or smth. But no. We were really poor on 2nd half and unfortunately deserved the loss.

And now Pool has 9 (!) point advantage over us...
Not the end of the world, but with such fashion it is unacceptable to lose!

Yeh it’s a horrible result and performance but we have had a great run which has put us firmly in the running for top 3. We also are quite good at bouncing back from bad results so hopefully back to winning ways soon.

Lloris
Trippier
Sanchez
Foyth
Davies
Winks
Sissoko
Lucas
Son
Lamela
Kane

Let Eriksen, Toby, Dele & co get a bit of a breather from the bench with Cardiff away & a couple of cup games on the horizon. If Toby can fit this game and Cardiff in I’d probably got for him ahead of one or the other in defence but I really want to see him stay fit and fresh as I think he’s been outstanding recently. If he wore a red shirt his name would be all over the back pages at the moment!

3-1 Spurs in a game that will temporarily put us 3 points behind Liverpool, 4 ahead of City, 8 points ahead of Chelsea, 10 points & +10 GD ahead of Woolwich and about 40 points ahead of West Ham, wherever the fuck they are in the league.

Beautiful!

Won't be easy. Games are coming thick and fast, Wolves impressed me at times this season and although they had a blip (Huddersfield game particularly) they haven't become a bad team overnight. They have some dangerous players and i for one on here respect them as a club and it's good that they have been entertaining for the most part, not something newly promoted sides often are.

Back
Top Bottom