Tottenham Hotspur v Portsmouth (FA Cup) (7th Jan - 12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

None of that "we probably won't win it" crap. We've got to win it this season. I can't bear the thought of Woolwich winning it again. We've got to make it happen.

And none of that shit about all the top teams being better than us. We can and have beaten them and we can do it again. If Woolwich and Leicester can win the FA Cup, so can we.

The FA Cup is our trophy. No other club has a Chas & Dave soundtrack:

When The Year Ends in 1:

Impassioned and hope are not enough.

Levy & enic don’t. No fa cups in 22 years I think now. So if you do care about winning FA cups then they ain’t the guys for you.

Yeah…I’ve already said i think ENIC have taken us as far as they can,

Guess what though. I’d fucking appreciate it if you didn’t bring them up in every goddamn post you make.

We’re talking about the FA Cup. There’s a thread for Levy/ENIC. Go talk that shit in there. I’ll take no lectures from you about them.

Back on topic - no we should not be playing an entire team of fringe players. We’re Tottenham Hotspur and we should be taking the FA Cup seriously.

End.

I’m leaving for the game shortly and today I’m expecting nothing less than a clear win.
If we can’t beat Pompey at WHL in a Cup match then we deserve nothing out of this season.
But I’m sure of that win!
COYS!

I think it will be a tougher game than many think going by their fans who seem to be going over the top in their excitement for this game.

Knowing us we will make hard work of it even with a strong team. That 4 3 v Wycombe still in the mind. Clubs like us have to take these games as serious as PL matches.

I’m leaving for the game shortly and today I’m expecting nothing less than a clear win.
If we can’t beat Pompey at WHL in a Cup match then we deserve nothing out of this season.
But I’m sure of that win!
COYS!

We will win today and comfortably. Nothing in me suggests that won't be the case.

After Wednesday and winning away from home, the team will feel buoyed as will the fans

I expect to see Sessegnon, Gil, Spence or Royal, with Bissouma as part of the starting line-up.

Beyond that some more regular starters. Probably Son. And Kane as insurance on the bench.

Yes no rest for our best player in the FACup that year.

Gazza carried us that year. What an fa cup run it was.
A team of journeymen with Gazza and linekar providing some world class finishing and out of this world ability.

Although some on here will tell you we were aiming to be the “best” club. Finished mid table in the league of course…..

Off to find my rose tinted glasses to fit in with the (not so) cool kids.

I think it will be a tougher game than many think going by their fans who seem to be going over the top in their excitement for this game.

Knowing us we will make hard work of it even with a strong team. That 4 3 v Wycombe still in the mind. Clubs like us have to take these games as serious as PL matches.

Yeah definitely.

Portsmouth players will be playing to impress the potential new manager, they're playing in one of the greatest stadiums in the world for perhaps the only time in their lives, and it's the FA cup - renowned for upsets.

Got banana skin written all over it, needs to be a professional performance today from the squad.

Back
Top Bottom