Tottenham Hotspur v Portsmouth (FA Cup) (7th Jan - 12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please can anyone justify picking royal? It is utter madness we would continue to pick him especially if he is on his way out. Surely perfect chance to give Soence his legs b league one oppo?
Is conte really that much of a …..
spence has to start surely. doc needs a rest for the scum. spence, gil and sarr first names on the sheet. id have son out there too i think he needs another confident boost jab before the scum. ideally need to rest kane, romero and PEH

spence has to start surely. doc needs a rest for the scum. spence, gil and sarr first names on the sheet. id have son out there too i think he needs another confident boost jab before the scum. ideally need to rest kane, romero and PEH
Kane will want to play. He will see an easy(ish) chance to catch Greavsie.

Can we grant Scarlett permission to play?

Seems pointless depriving him of their most competitive game of the season.....

Can we grant Scarlett permission to play?

Seems pointless depriving him of their most competitive game of the season.....

And why on earth would we do that.

Nick Offerman Shade GIF

Cos we have a vested interest in him improving.

......And if we can't beat Pompey unless it's without Dane then that's on us for being shit.

We also have a vested interest in NOT making life more difficult for ourselves. Whilst I do agree with your second line, there is no point. Small club mentality, that.

No offence but it's a ridiculous suggestion. He'll improve (or should) with or without playing in Saturdays match.

Behave yourself

We also have a vested interest in NOT making life more difficult for ourselves. Whilst I do agree with your second line, there is no point. Small club mentality, that.

No offence but it's a ridiculous suggestion. He'll improve (or should) with or without playing in Saturdays match.

Behave yourself

Why is it a small club mentality?

I'm essentially saying we should be good enough regardless.

Why is it a small club mentality?

I'm essentially saying we should be good enough regardless.

It's a small club mentality because they are our opposition. In no way should we in any way consider doing anything that could potentially help them (regardless of their standard or likelihood of winning).

No concessions, no mercy!

:contefists:

The trouble with too many changes is that we have seen time and time again since poch and probably before that every time there is a lot of rotation, no matter how crappy and amateur the opposition we shit the bed. League Cup. Fa Cup. Europa. Conference. Nearly every time we change more than 3 or 4 from the normal Premier league team it doesn't go smoothly.

Would rather start strong and have plenty of youth on the bench and get them on for last 30 minutes when the game is won rather than desperately having to throw kane and son on to rescue us from humiliation. Again.

The trouble with too many changes is that we have seen time and time again since poch and probably before that every time there is a lot of rotation, no matter how crappy and amateur the opposition we shit the bed. League Cup. Fa Cup. Europa. Conference. Nearly every time we change more than 3 or 4 from the normal Premier league team it doesn't go smoothly.

Would rather start strong and have plenty of youth on the bench and get them on for last 30 minutes when the game is won rather than desperately having to throw kane and son on to rescue us from humiliation. Again.

If it wasn't for the run in after this game, I'd agree. The prospect of losing more players to injury before a double header of scum and City is pretty grim, I'd rather avoid.

I think we need a strong team. There will be upsets and PL team going out this weekend.

the top teams will play weak teams we cannot afford to be one of the teams that gets knocked out.

this is important. we have a great history in this cup. I want us to be at Wembley in May!

Back
Top Bottom