Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United 09/05/2018 20-00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely mental eh? What kind of manager would pick the club's most prolific goalscorer in 4 decades, purely on the offchance that he might score? What a dick.
Sack him and get Neil Warnock in, or Tony Pulis.
And flog Kane, he's shite
Who needs a number nine who can only knock in 27 goals in a season?
What the fuck are you dribbling on about?

Resting Kane is about 4 weeks too late now.

Worked out fucking great all round prioritizing his golden boot over 2nd didn’t it
He scored in our last home game? And at Brighton?

:kanehand:

I think we all get your view on HK. Fair enough. I don’t agree. Guy is not right on at the moment but he’s still by far our best goal scorer. Or did I miss loads of Llorente and Sonny goals today?

We’re going to struggle here if we drop everyone who the TFC community insists is rubbish.

Going into a match with no Lloris, Vorm, Aurier, Tripper, Davies, Rose, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Dier, Lamela, Dele, Kane, Llorente I’d have to make us second favourite. Especially as our manager is now crap too and has to go because we lost a match or two.

So we’ll have Vertonghen, Sanchez, Moura, Eriksen, Foyth and a limping Winks playing as rush goalie. Sissoko halving the oranges at half time.
Moura has done fuck all I heard, stick him in group one

He scored in our last home game? And at Brighton?

:kanehand:

I think we all get your view on HK. Fair enough. I don’t agree. Guy is not right on at the moment but he’s still by far our best goal scorer. Or did I miss loads of Llorente and Sonny goals today?
Ever considered that not dropping Son while
in the form of his life might have yeilded better results over the long term

Moura has done fuck all I heard, stick him in group one
Players like Moura, Llorente, Aurier, Janssen, Nkoudu and others. Poch doesn't play them. We sign them put don't put them in the team.
Why do you think that is , Sammy? Could it be that Poch didn't really want them?

Players like Moura, Llorente, Aurier, Janssen, Nkoudu and others. Poch doesn't play them. We sign them put don't put them in the team.
Why do you think that is , Sammy? Could it be that Poch didn't really want them?

No I think it’s because Poch is over cautious about keeping certain players happy, and not bothered about certain others.
It’s a weakness and a forgivable one despite it costing us.

If I thought he was deliberately not using the squad, and damaging our performances just to prove a point to Levy, I’d want him sacked.

I find it odd that you believe this to be the case, yet defend him.

Luckily for me I dont have that dilemma because I don’t believe Poch would be that unprofessional and petty.
And I don’t believe Levy is randomly buying players.
Poch signings good
Levy signings bad

Bit too convenient don’t you think. Tad naive if you ask me

[QUOTE="sammyspurs, post: 1490207, member: 1046"
If I thought he was deliberately not using the squad, and damaging our performances just to prove a point to Levy, I’d want him sacked.
[/QUOTE]
Fuck sake Sammy your'e all over the place again mate.
I've never said Poch aint using players to prove a point to Levy.
I've constantly said he aint using them because he didnt really want them. He doesn't feel they're good enough. Nothing to do with proving a point if he doesn't think they'll improve the team

[QUOTE="sammyspurs, post: 1490207, member: 1046"
Fuck sake Sammy your'e all over the place again mate.
I've never said Poch aint using players to prove a point to Levy.
I've constantly said he aint using them because he didnt really want them. He doesn't feel they're good enough. Nothing to do with proving a point if he doesn't think they'll improve the team[/QUOTE]
Weird that he doesn’t think any of the “Levy signings “ can do a job.

Sounds petty.....thank goodness I dont believe any of that nonsense

This game can't come quick enough to rectify that inept bullshit today .Well, not just today (one-off shitshows happen to everyone) but the last few weeks.
They owe us a motherfucking performance and to start a game with some tempo and drive, then the result should take care of itself.

- Lloris -
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
- Dier - Dembele -
- Moura - Eriksen - Son -
- Kane -
I love Dele, and he’s a goal threat but I feel Moura’s and Son’s pace could be lethal here. Dier was rested on the weekend and Dembele not risked so I’d bring them back in. Jan went off injured, any update?

Dropping Kane would be silly now. He’s still our best striker and can win us a game on his own.

- Lloris -
- Dier - Dembele -
- Moura - Eriksen - Son -
- Kane -
I love Dele, and he’s a goal threat but I feel Moura’s and Son’s pace could be lethal here. Dier was rested on the weekend and Dembele not risked so I’d bring them back in. Jan went off injured, any update?

Dropping Kane would be silly now. He’s still our best striker and can win us a game on his own.

Agree mostly but would change it up this way:

- Lloris -
- Dier - Eriksen -
- Moura - Dele - Son -
- Kane -
By the way, great text editing skills! Way better than the lopsided lineups I have been drawing on here lately.

Agree mostly but would change it up this way:

- Lloris -
- Dier - Eriksen -
- Moura - Dele - Son -
- Kane -
By the way, great text editing skills! Way better than the lopsided lineups I have been drawing on here lately.

Lovely to wake up to a compliment! Why thank you!

Well explains why that Newcastle fan fishy hasn't posted for awhile, poor fella.
Dcd31Y4WsAALtvJ.jpg

We are in a trough. It is pure and simple.

The manager and players are struggling badly to find the answers.

Not one player is rising high and part of that will be down to our over reliance on Kane to dig us out of the mire.

The Chelsea game today is one where we need Chelsea to lose.

If they win I honestly would worry that we have enough to get the 4 points we would still need.

Back
Top Bottom