Tottenham Hotspur v. Newcastle (9/2/13)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some quotes from AVB.
“I spoke to him on Monday morning. I know where he is, I’m not sure if I want to make it public.
“I don’t think it’s strange. We’ve allowed the players two days off. The players come back today for 3pm training. A couple of them - Dempsey and Assou-Ekotto - come back for 3pm tomorrow.
“We’ve allowed Ade to come back for Friday’s training session if he can’t make it for today’s.
“Will he be rushed back into this weekend’s game? Yes probably. Obviously we have to take a look but we don’t have any news regarding injuries from him, so he’s going to be selected. I haven’t made a decision if he’s going to be in the starting 11, but he’ll be selected for sure.”

For some reason that really made me chuckle (doesn't take much, mind)

:adelol:

it's a bit like; 'well if you're going to ask a stoopid question, or they've suddenly invented 35 hour days, then yes, of course he's going to be rushed back, idiot! NEXT QUESTION!

:avbdamn:

With respect to your frustration, that would be all we needed, Ade sustaining a groin injury by a stray punch to the knackers from Al Pacino... We're down to the bare bones as it is!!!!

Some quotes from AVB.
“I spoke to him on Monday morning. I know where he is, I’m not sure if I want to make it public.

Well, Ade did tell where he was going...

bieber_disneyland_justin_bieber_28043857_2560_17.jpg

I think if Adebayour declares himself "too tired" to be selected on Saturday, then the club should fine him. Togo lost in the quarter final last Sunday, and although it wasn't in a major South African city, someone of his wealth could have easily found a way to Jo'burg from where there are numerous flights back to London.

Let's also consider that if Togo hadn't lost on Sunday, he'd have played last night in the semifinal, and if they'd won that would have been playing in the final on Sunday. Would he have been "too tired" for that?

Despite what he said, I'm guessing there would also be an element of mental exhaustion that comes into play too, due to the fact I imagine he full expected to beat Burkina Faso and be taking part in yesterdays semis!
The fact he isn't, would surely have a disappointing knock-on effect...

Still, nowt like getting straight back on the bike, see you Saturday Ade!!!

I'm sure he will play on Saturday. Let's hope him and Lewis form some sort of instant telepathy and make the barcodes defence look like some sort of blind school drop outs.

And someone totally needs to Photoshop :adegrin: onto Biebers shoulders on that Disney land picture that truetomyself truetomyself posted.

But to be honest any of the smileys would do.

Back
Top Bottom