Tottenham Hotspur v. Newcastle (9/2/13)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this the Jenas derby?
I think as a mark of respect due to recent events, this game should be dedicated to the quick and sustained return to health of "Gazza". Every now and again a true Legend graces the theatre that is WHL. This guy, I'm sure you will agree is up there with the best. I think someone else mentioned in another thread that some kind of Fan tribute should be made on Saturday, I'm sure that the Geordies will be thinking the same. Lets hope it happens.

I actually hope Harry Kane starts. Ade needs a break after playing so much in Africa and I do not want to see Dempsey up front again. It's painful to watch...

Will be one bloody tight game. Thriller.

NUFC look to have made some extremely tight signings. Some of them are some right value deals. Moussa Sissoko for under £5m? Brilliant.

The one silver lining will have to be, that NUFC are certain to come right out at us, which means that Bale will have plenty of 1-on-1's with their wide defenders.

I'm not having people say they would rather have Kane up top over Dempsey, wtf is that all about?!

A proven premier league scorer against a kid who has virtually no top flight experience whatsoever. Yeah fine if this isn't a massively important game, but in the circumstances no bloody way. And I'm not a huge fan of Dempsey either, but its a no brainer.

I'm not a huge fan of Dempsey
236.jpg

clitdumpsey.png

I don't see where this fucking Dempsey hate is coming from, excluding Bale, Lloris and Sandro obviously, he's been no worse than anyone else and I use the word 'worse' losely.
He's scored many a goal and important ones. I didn't watch him at Fulham extensively but I reckon he's had a similar season here as he would have there. If he'd have done what he's done for us this season, I.e the man united goals, for Fulham people would have been still raving about him as they have have been in the last few years.

I think Dempsey and Defoe are kind of similar, in the way that they're both very frustrating to watch when they have off days. In my opinion, at least Defoe tries. Dempsey's lack of mobility and a decent first touch just fucks up our rhythm.

I think Dempsey and Defoe are kind of similar, in the way that they're both very frustrating to watch when they have off days. In my opinion, at least Defoe tries. Dempsey's lack of mobility and a decent first touch just fucks up our rhythm.

dempsey has contributed more than defoe has in the last few games

I actually hope Harry Kane starts. Ade needs a break after playing so much in Africa and I do not want to see Dempsey up front again. It's painful to watch...

Togo played 4 games in 13 days vs Spurs 4 games in 15 days.............he's not actually tired he's just saying he is as a way of telling everyone that he worked hard for his team

At least Defoe tries? When is the last time you have seen him covering back. Dempsey is a workhorse. His first touch can be frustrating to be sure, but to suggest Defoe works harder is a farce. Dempsey's main attribute is his work rate and effort. It may not be pretty, but it works. And I'd rather Dempsey/Holtby than Kane/Holtby any day of the week.

And I just saw I responded to 2 different posts in one...working late makes me a bit daft. Apologies for the second half of my post Norwegian Jim, I'm a bit tired.

Back
Top Bottom