Tottenham Hotspur v. Newcastle (9/2/13)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i appreciate dempsey for the shift he puts in. can see he always put in max effort and works tirelessly but unfortunately, the end product isn't always there

At least Defoe tries? When is the last time you have seen him covering back. Dempsey is a workhorse. His first touch can be frustrating to be sure, but to suggest Defoe works harder is a farce.

Maybe I'm being too harsh with Clint because it looks like he's walking/jogging around the pitch most of the time. In a side with so much pace and quick thinking I think he looks out of place. And I don't agree that Defoe is lazy. Selfish of course, but not lazy. Plus, it's not just about distance covered, attitude matters aswell. Anyway, here's the team I would like to see:

Lloris​
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Benny​
Parker - Dembele​
Lennon - Holtby - Bale​
Ade​

I think as a mark of respect due to recent events, this game should be dedicated to the quick and sustained return to health of "Gazza". Every now and again a true Legend graces the theatre that is WHL. This guy, I'm sure you will agree is up there with the best. I think someone else mentioned in another thread that some kind of Fan tribute should be made on Saturday, I'm sure that the Geordies will be thinking the same. Lets hope it happens.

Yes, I did, and I think it will happen... an 8th and 19th minute rendition of One Paul Gascoigne from all 4 corners of the ground is my hunch!

Togo played 4 games in 13 days vs Spurs 4 games in 15 days.............he's not actually tired he's just saying he is as a way of telling everyone that he worked hard for his team

How would we tell the difference between an "exhausted" Ade and a fully fit one anyway?

goddamnit Adebayor get your shit together for fuck sake

1277378257_supporter-rage.gif

Isn't Dempsey turning out for the Yanks tonight in their qualifying game?

Not exactly going to be 'fresh' and ready to go after a 10 hour flight less than 48 hours before kickoff.

So where is the lanky fucker?

"Adebayor sounds like he's left quite a situation behind in South Africa and should probably be expecting a big hotel bill to turn up soon."

The above makes it sound like he took a plane by himself and left his team mates there

If he plays and scores on Saturday, no one will give a shit what this is about...
If he misses the game cos of it, then of course it will become an issue!
Such is the nature of the beast!

I hate this "I'm tired" shit. Try working all week, playing 5-a-side for an hour and half on a Tuesday, football on a Sunday and drinking enough to wake the ghost of Oliver Reed then tell me about fucking tired.

Is what I imagine AVB will be saying.

I hate this "I'm tired" shit. Try working all week, playing 5-a-side for an hour and half on a Tuesday, football on a Sunday and drinking enough to wake the ghost of Oliver Reed then tell me about fucking tired.

Is what I imagine AVB will be saying.

Say hello to Olly for me.

A trans-Atlantic plane flight 48 hours before a game is fuck all excuse for tiredness. He'll go to sleep in first class and wake up in London. Boo fucking hoo.

Back
Top Bottom