Tottenham Hotspur v. Newcastle (9/2/13)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with JV and Kaboul being the first choice pairing at the back.
Dawson's still got a place at the club but think come next season will only be back up for the oher two.

q66asTX.jpg[\img]

So the solution to this is to stick him out of position on the left?

:baeshock:
Can be at times. He's played well at LB. Depends on the oppo. For example, take the West ham. Their main hope will be to lump it forward at set pieces, etc. It could be he's better suited to that game than BAE. Then again, because of West Ham's lack of pace centrally, if they play Carroll and Nolan, we might be best off playing him CB.

Each game has to be seen on its merits.

I don't think AVB likes BAE, I can see this being his last season. I can't see any reason why Naughton would start over a fully fit BAE. If it's because of the high line then he's not exactly going to improve at it by coming on as sub.

As for Dawson being our best defender, that's just something I'll never agree with. In terms of consistency he has been our best this season but I always like CBs who can play a bit and not just hoof it into row Z.

You may be right about AVB. I certainly don't trust BAE's discipline as a defender. BAE has had years to learn to be a disciplined defender, it's a bit late now to be learning it. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

I don't think Daws is just a hoof merchant, some of his crossfield balls work, some don't. But I love a no-nonsense CB who launches it. If other CBs want to play out fine, but I grew up on CBs whose main job was to defend and clear their areas. I love that old schol type of CB, providing they're good at it. Daws is. He's also Spurs through and through, when he plays he's normally captain. He's probably the nearest thing to a true Spur amongst our regular players.

Many spurs fans have a habit of making him a scapegoat.Even if he might have hoofed it once in a match they'll go-"Oh there he goes with his long balls again"
And anyway most of his long balls this season have been accurate.
Well said. Why so many Spurs fans get bothered about Daws cross field balls is beyond me. I've never known them to cause a goal against us. Now dithering on the ball, putting in weak clearances that costs goals.

With all due respect this is bollox, I can't ever recall him being blamed for any game we've lost. Not sure where you've got this from.
I don't know if Daws has been blamed on here or not, as I'm new to this site, so can't say. But I do know that in general considering the incredibly loyal service Daws has given us, he is very under-rated by many Spurs fans IMHO.

I don't know if Daws has been blamed on here or not, as I'm new to this site, so can't say. But I do know that in general considering the incredibly loyal service Daws has given us, he is very under-rated by many Spurs fans IMHO.
but you said he's our best defender so that's hardly a middle ground. :)

It would be difficult to argue that but I'm kind of old fashioned in as much as I want my defenders to defend first and foremost.

Different game now son, all players have to be all things to all men. I want my strikers defending and my defenders attacking.

Talking of which....Vertonghan?? Anyone know why he appears to have the massive hump about something. Hope AVB isnt slipping back to his old ways.

Back
Top Bottom