Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sorry I deleted this before and still curious!
Celtic fan here coming in peace. Genuinely curious about where the opinion stands on Big Ange now? We obviously heard a lot of negativity so wondering if the jury is still out or are more fans getting won over.

Some of the football tonight has been a joy to watch. You have a few more spurs fans up north these days. All the best for the season

Ok, I was watching the game on a sketchy stream (so I missed patches of the game), but this was no doubt a really good win - and fantastic for morale.
However, I won't be carried away yet....as Spurs were a bit lucky, too. Yes, luck often win games...but Man Utd missed sitters: Casemiro (1)Fernandes (1 )& Rashford (2) all missed sitters, Antony hit the post and, let's be honest, no one would have objected if the handball on Romero had led to a penalty. It was not a stonewall penalty, but still...and if Man Utd had scored it would have changed the dynamics of the game.
But Spurs won -deservedly.
Vicario had a really good game - and proved that one can't judge a player after just 1 game (nor after 2 games).
Bissouma bossed the MF and was my MOTM.
Maddison showed yet again that at £40m he was a steal - and Man Utd must be wonder why they didn't get him instead of Mount.
Romero was rock solid in defense and van de Ven, after a rocky start, improved as the game went on.
But...the attack was a bit weak....

Last edited:
Today we haven't just beaten those counts with 11 players.
We have beaten them with a VISION.

And the best feeling I got is that we are just 60 - 70 % of what we can be

YIDS!!!

Just like to point out I think Bissouma is solely reponsible for us coming back into this game.
Absolutely unshakable dominant press-resistant midfielder. His calmness and confidence on the ball rubbed off immediately on everyone around him.
I really hope he is here for a long time.
100% correct you are. Absolutely fucking brilliant game from Bissouma.

When even you are bagging out the ref Bill, you know he's having a stinker.

Not surprising though, they all have a directive from the Prem to ensure that they give every advantage to the clubs with the biggest foreign followings.

Absolutely MUST protect the brand

Eh? They could easily have given a penalty due to the Romero handball and didn’t. Am I missing some terrible decisions the referee made? Booked a few United players correctly, couple of ours..

Back
Top Bottom