Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

thinktank

Listen to thinky
3sjdXcc.jpg

Austin, Reguilon, Porro, Davies, Sanchez, Skipp, Lo Celso, Kulusevski, Richarlison

Gonna be a rough fucking game, they're one of the two best counter attacking teams in the Prem with Newcastle, the players have to be on top of their game, which is a lot to ask considering they've barely played together. I hope the fans are noisy and back the team 100%, they will be needed.

Really hope the fans are up for this one, if we can get the new stadium roaring we will be a hell of a proposition at home this season. In the first Conte season when we played Woolwich at home the noise was unreal, they were mentally fucked before a ball was kicked and it was plain for all to see. Obviously not every game is gonna be scintillating but if we can get it up for Angeball vs the top 6 I think we can win the mental game which is so often the decider on the pitch more often than not. With us playing football worth getting out your seat for I'm sure it will improve from last season, it surely has to, was a library for large periods, not that you can blame anyone.

I'd flip Biss & Skipp around tbh...... Have Skippy sit deeper to torment that ratty-cunt Fernandez all game and bop the ball left or right to Jim & Yves to do the water-carrying and link up work.

Front line will get way more space than against Brentford's 2 x defensive banks of 4 double-decker bus, so give them another go and switch it up later to plan B if we're having no joy.

Vic
Emerson / Rom / VDV / U-daawg
Skipp
Madz
---------- Biss
Kulu
------------ Rich ------------Son

1 more day's rest than Man U too. :)

Last edited:
Highly doubtful whether United at home is tougher than Brentford away these days. We might be looking at another draw here, should be a good game in a cracking atmosphere with a team and especially manager most fans can get behind.

An in-form Bissouma can boss the midfield against any opposition as he has shown at Brighton ; chelsea, Spurs, United and even Man. City at times, doesn't matter.

Last edited:
I'd flip Biss & Skipp around tbh...... Have Skippy sit deeper to torment that ratty-cunt Fernandez all game and bop the ball left or right to Jim & Yves to do the water carrying and link up work.

Front line will get way more space that against Brentford's 2 x defensive banks of 4 double-decker bus so give them another go and switch it up later to plan B if we're having no joy.

Vic
Emerson / Rom / VDV / U-daawg
Skipp
Madz
---------- Biss
Kulu
------------ Rich ------------Son

1 more day's rest than Man U too. :)

Gotta start Rich for this one.

-------------------Vicario---------------------
Emerson----Romero---VDV-----Udogie
--------------Sarr---------Bissuma----------
--------------------Maddison----------------
----Solomon-------------------------Son----
---------------------Richy---------------------

One problem Emerson had vs Brentford was keeping up with Rico Henry, with the same support he got from Kulu and Skipp (i.e. none) Rashford will kill him. I think we need to put Sarr in the lineup to help him cope, and Solomon as well. Solomon helped Porro a lot vs Barca, basically shutting down Balde completely, and he has really good defensive stats from last season.

Vicario
Royal
Romero
VDV
Udogie
BOSS
Sarr
Maddison
Kulu
Richy
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Royal Romero VDV Udogie
BOSS
Sarr Maddison 
Kulu Richy Son
[/lineup]

They will get every decision and the media will have us beaten before the game and relegated after it of we lose.

But, the front 3 should get space in behind and Sarr could have a breakout game against this UTD mf, they don’t have any athletes.

Tbh, we beat them for athleticism in so many areas of the pitch.

Watched the Brentford game on Swedish TV. And when Romero was subbed, they talked about some rule. They said if you were subbed for a concussion, you had to rest 7 days.

I heard it in the background, so i don't know if it was a rule in Swedish football, or if it was in the PL!

Anyone heard about it? Would mean Romero is out for this one

Last edited:
Watched the Brentford game on Swedish TV. And when Romero was subbed, they talked about some rule. They said if you were subbed for a conclusion, you had to rest 7 days.

I heard it in the background, so i don't know if it was a rule in Swedish football, or if it was in the PL!

It's true, but Romero wasn't a concussion sub cause they messed up the paperwork, so who know if he'll play or not.

Watched the Brentford game on Swedish TV. And when Romero was subbed, they talked about some rule. They said if you were subbed for a conclusion, you had to rest 7 days.

Someone did mention as we didn't use the concussion sub we might get away with it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pretty sure I read somewhere the reason Ange took him off was to avoid the 7 day rule. There was confusion as to the forms used for the replacement.

Ange said in an interview yesterday, that they had filled in the wrong form (accidentally on purpose I think), so Romero won't have to sit out 7 days as it wasn't classed as a concussion sub.

Crafty.

Coming up to this with the boy and can’t wait! I’m not usually one for playing players out of position but I would really consider putting Porro in ahead of Kulusevski for this to provide extra cover and pace to get back on the right hand side in front of Emerson, up against Rashford.

Richie will start this one and I think he should , Feed the pigeon and he will score!
It doesn’t matter who we stick up front as unless we are providing them service they will do fuck all! Hopefully get to see Solomon for this one as well!

Back
Top Bottom