Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Despite having a decent game against Brentford, a bit worried about Royal against the pace of Utds counter attack, esp when Rashford drifts over to that side. If Royal had a bit more pace, he'd be a solid RB have but I fear this is the type of game where he might get exposed. Hope I'm wrong.

Porro has the pace to get back but not the positional awareness of Royal. Thankfully positional awareness is something that can be taught so I have hope that Porro can become a top attacking right back for us.

He could do with being a bit more ruthless and dominant

Their second goal being a good example allowing the cross to be made after having plenty of time to stop the attack progressing

Will be watching the new-look MNF with interest tonight.

Have to see how they line up and perform against Wolves who are in turmoil on the new-look MNF later.

New season. New start. New look MNF on Sky.

Did I mention that tonight's MNF has a new look? Not sure they mentioned it enough yesterday.

Who bloody cares?!

Dunno if I want them to stuff Wolves so they have the impression they're better than they are before facing us or want them to struggle.

Will decide later.

We are very vulnerable on the break, Brentford got in a few times. They were a bit wasteful.

Rashford worries me, very good counter attacking player.

Having said that Micky is quick himself.

I do think we can cause them problems though, but I honestly have no idea how this will end up. but this is the yardstick to measure ourselves against

Maybe we will have a signing or two by then?
yeah right beverly luff linn GIF by LoveIndieFilms

Watched the Brentford game on Swedish TV. And when Romero was subbed, they talked about some rule. They said if you were subbed for a concussion, you had to rest 7 days.

I heard it in the background, so i don't know if it was a rule in Swedish football, or if it was in the PL!

Anyone heard about it? Would mean Romero is out for this one
Yeah, it's in the hands of our medical staff rather than a mandatory 7 days...

Drop Richie now and he will be crushed like a coke can. In the short term, yea it isn't working and we should try something different, but what if that doesn't work either. Richy ain't coming back from being dropped again. In the long term, it makes sense to give him a run of 5 or so games. If he can get going and start scoring, problem solved. He deserves one more run under a new manager in a new system.
To be honest it doesn’t matter if it crushes him to be dropped. He needs to do his job on the pitch and that is to ultimately score goals now that Kane is away. If he’s not doing that then someone else needs to be given the opportunity. Giving him 5 games just to see if he scores can have an affect on our season if he doesn’t. I didn’t think he played bad yesterday and it was very difficult one to play in for a striker. He needs space because he can’t operate in tight spaces and there was no space at all for him.
We need to sign a striker even if he does score a couple because he’ll never be the main man in terms of goals. His career tells us that so there has to be another plan.

Feels good to be able to look forward to home games against the bigger clubs nowadays.

If Ten Hag is as tactically inept for this one, as he has been at times, we could get a wild scoreline here.

United are either going to go toe to toe with us and try play us at our game of possession. Or they'll try and sit, soak up the pressure and aim to counter us by playing Garnacho, Rashford and Antony.

Either way, I'm excited for this. Massive test for Ange and the boys.

We are very vulnerable on the break, Brentford got in a few times. They were a bit wasteful.

Rashford worries me, very good counter attacking player.

Having said that Micky is quick himself.

I do think we can cause them problems though, but I honestly have no idea how this will end up. but this is the yardstick to measure ourselves against

Maybe we will have a signing or two by then?
yeah right beverly luff linn GIF by LoveIndieFilms
wonder if ange makes a slight tweak and doesnt have emerson getting so high and stays more in position ready for rashford.

porro might of been the better fit against brentford, royal obviously got his goal but he doesnt look natural enough on the ball to be getting on it a lot high up.

Back
Top Bottom