Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stamina has always been the strength of our team during Poch initial years. For whatever reasons we are worse off than many teams now in this area. Lucas seems to be the only forward that can press 90 mins. And we dun have a back line that can play up from the back. Our best chance is to play long with a target man, with Son and Lucas attacking the second balls. Dele is the obvious choice.

Was thinking this

[FORMATION=433,Lloris,Aurier,Sanchez,Toby,Sessegnon,Ndombele,Winks,Lo Celso,Lucas,Son,Bergwijn][/FORMATION]

but this might be our most well balanced team IMO with Aurier and Sess allowed to stretch play while having less defensive responsibilities, a strong middle and defence and two mobile forwards.

[FORMATION=352,Lloris,Tanganga,Sanchez,Toby,Aurier,Ndombele,Winks,Lo Celso,Sessegnon,Son,Bergwijn][/FORMATION]

Last edited:
Let's be honest. Lucas is a greedy little man who usually holds onto the ball until he loses it, which he does most of the time. He's too small for a 9 and I don't see him fitting into Jm's plans. Kudos to him for his Ajax performance but that was a one off. He'll be going in the summer. I don't think there's anywhere that he fits in.
one of those nearly players, the ones that we continually buy in the hope that they might turn out OK - only to discover why they were benchwarmers for the club we bought them from
see Serge Aurier for details
N'jie
N'Koudou
N'Fazio
N'Janssen

haven't we had N'nough of these players?

at least with N'Dombele and Lo Celso we have players with first team skills, lets hope Bergwijn and Sess turn out to be all thats promised

We seemed to cope much better when Kane was out under Poch. Whereas Mou was crying about a lack of anyone to replace Kane as soon as he was injured. Not sure that did Sonny's confidence much good - he seems to be getting chances but missing more than usual. Mou needs to back him as our main striker while Kane is away.
When Kane was injured with Poch, we had Llorente still who scored important goals. Also it was Poch's fault for not playing Llorente more anyway. Mourinho would love to have Llorente in the squad.. Of course hes going to cry about lack of a striker.

Its for 2 people Mrs P, £70 each in the south. It's my brother's birthday and he's over from Canada so just paid what I was told thought this would be sold out soon.
I must be used to London prices, as that sounds about right to me. Six quid for a sandwich in the City doesn't make me blink any more, and I regularly shell out £60 for a theatre ticket.
Mind you, even I baulked at £178 for The Pet Shop Boys at the O2 - that was for one seat up in the gods. They're good, but not THAT good.

What I would like to see

--------------Lloris-------------
Aurier-Sanchez-Toby-Tanganga
------------Winks----------—--
--Lo Celso - - - - - Ndombele--
--------Moura----Alli---------
-----------------Son------------

I think such team would have a chance (though it will be extremely difficult anyway to get something from it).

Feels good that I don't have to fear seeing Eriksen nor Rose in the selection. Bad air gone.

But as I am afraid Ndombele could not start then we could play with midfield duo Winks and Lo Celso with either Gedson or Lamela in higher position instead of him...

COYS!!

When Kane was injured with Poch, we had Llorente still who scored important goals. Also it was Poch's fault for not playing Llorente more anyway. Mourinho would love to have Llorente in the squad.. Of course hes going to cry about lack of a striker.
Son was scoring and we were winning games even without Llorente. Whereas under Mourinho the goals have dried up since Kane got injured. He definitely likes to play with a big no 9 but this squad has shown previously it can score goals without that. Whatever his feelings I'd rather Mourinho showed a bit more confidence in public in the forwards we have. Losing Kane shouldn't be quite as catastrophic as he makes out.

Son was scoring and we were winning games even without Llorente. Whereas under Mourinho the goals have dried up since Kane got injured. He definitely likes to play with a big no 9 but this squad has shown previously it can score goals without that. Whatever his feelings I'd rather Mourinho showed a bit more confidence in public in the forwards we have. Losing Kane shouldn't be quite as catastrophic as he makes out.
It is catastrophic to the way Mourinho likes to play. Losing Kane isnt catastrophic to how Poch wanted us to play.

Maybe Lucas' confidence has been ruined by Poch after that stupid decision in the CL final. Why were we doing so badly even with Kane before Mourinho arrived? What do you think Poch did to destroy their confidence?

Son and Moura are fucking missing chances for fun since Kane was injured this time, what is Jose supposed to do about that ?

I’m glad that sideshow window is over let’s get back to the football.

Lilywhites to smash the plastic Mancs back to where they belong. Let’s get Josep the sack.

COYS!

(0-2:mourcry:)

tanganga is no left back. Can you imagine him up against benardo silva.. or even mahrez. Can’t do that on a young player. He’s a centre half and that’s obvious by now
So, Sessegnon or Vertonghen at LB then? Is Davies fit for selection?
Tanganga did move over to LB second half vs Liverpool when Rose was subbed off.
ZeSMl01.png

Last edited:
Excited for this to be honest.

With the continued inclusion of Lo Celso, we've seen some great play going forward. Hopefully by adding Ndombele in midfield and Winks' continued improvement in form and we could cause problems for a City team that can certainly be got at defensively.

People seem to forget - we are creating lots of chances. Son, Moura and Alli have been wasteful up top. We know they are capable finishers and they will find their shooting boots pretty quickly.

Our defence has improved and the injury list is getting smaller.

Get the early goal. Rattle cities confidence. 3 points to the hotspur.

Back
Top Bottom