Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City - 10th Feb - 1.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously hated the result, but enjoyed much of the game. We had the rub of Oliver’s green, but have very little conviction in front of goal.
I like the prospects for this team though. We played some decent stuff, plenty of chances, and certainly didn’t come to shithouse.
With so many injuries to such important players, I think it’s astonishing you haven’t dropped points in the last few games. Could be a fantastic boost for you when they come back at what could be a vital time. How you win in the meantime is of less importance, just keep hanging in there.
City and Pool will both drop points, I’m sure of it. So if you keep on the shoulder, Mo Farah style, I think you’ve got a great chance.
Stop being decent and reasonable. It’s really not helping the caricature of Leicester fans.

Our results without playing well for the majority of the season is how many a league title is won. I cannot believe we are in this position. Even if we don't win the damn thing the coaches and players have been heroes after all that has gone on this season

Michael Oliver is suppose to be England's best ref but he was an absolute inept twat today. Remember he was the one who denied spurs a clear penalty v liverpool and has given a couple of dodgy pens for liverpool

Hugo, Sissoko , Ericksen were all great today but my MOTM is Winks, kept everything moving. It appeared that he played more forward passes today, as opposed to passes to the side that went forward a couple of yards.

Skipp looked tidy but was playing it very safe (no blame).

As SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy said, That was the worst half of refereeing that I have EVER seen and like Billy when we scored I was shouting "Fuck you, Oliver".

I noticed that Sky didn't show a replay of the first penalty shout on Son, was it a slip rather than a foul ?
Son appeared to be saying to Maguire, when he was booked, twice you brought me down.

One final word on Sissoko, when I first saw Son's goal I though he just cleared the ball, but the more I see it the more I'm convinced that it was a deliberate pass and he knew exactly where Son was.

Nice to meet up with Mick Cooper Mick Cooper before the game ( thanks for the tea:) ).
Not the best performance but did what we had to do to get the points. Tiddly and Moussa had good games, but my MOTM has to be Hugo, his penalty save was crucial, as it wasn't much later that Christian scored. We were helped that Leicester missed some easy chances, but we now have some steel and 'never say die' spirit instilled into the team, whoever plays - thanks Poch.
Don't know where Sonny gets his energy (maybe they do charge his battery before every game), that run at 91 minutes was sensational.
I was concerned that Danny Rose continued playing after getting a knock, I hope it didn't make it worse.
I think the ref's performance has been discussed pretty comprehensively so far, and I have to concur with the general concensus - he was a "see you next Tuesday".
Good night all

Forgot to mention this earlier, at the start of the second half Oliver came out with Madison and was whispering in his ear.

Not long after he gave them that pen, specifically Madison.

Also, another incident was that the one time he decided to give us a foul in that first half he “played on” and we gained no advantage but he didn’t pull it back for the foul.

Honestly I really do believe that an independent investigation needs to go into the officials in this league, with everything that happened during the Leicester season and now with Liverpool and also the massive inconsistencies across the league I believe that something needs to be done about them.

Oh dear
and a page full of Leicester morons trotting out 3rd in a 2 horse race drivel, as per usual.
They really do have a soft spot for Spurs, don't they?

They’re just trying to create a rivalry with someone, anyone. Even after winning a title no one gives a fuck about Leicester and they can’t stand it, it’s plain to see

Back
Top Bottom