Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (3rd December)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

don't get me wrong i want to see consistency as well, but for me Chelsea away needs some changes.

yeah & i respect yours, don't agree with it though.

yep we shouldn't fear them, doesn't mean we should start the same attacking team as that will be suicide imo. guess we'll find out wednesday
Against Chelsea you need to be at your best. I don't go for defensive/attacking teams . The game will develope as they play, we need to set ourselves as best as possible to go with it. They are stronger and will create more chances so by default we will defend more. The same players would cope with changes as the game goes on.

Being optimistic, we played 1-1 at the emirates and we could have just as easily finished 2-2 against city. We were unlucky in that defeat and miles away from the performance we saw yesterday. We have a chance to come away from this with a point or three. The ball is round.

Fuck it, same starting 11. It seems stupid but why dent anyone's confidence? Obviously bring Naughton in but Vlad's injured anyway so it's hardly going to hurt his confidence.

We have a winning combination with this 11, lets not halt the progress we've made and lets not give Chelsea the respect they'll want. Some may call it reckless, but if we're going to lose, why not try and make a bloody game of it? And who knows, maybe we'll come away with a historic win!

LETS DO THIS! COYFS!!!
Spot on.

I understand that people will want to play the same XI off the back of a good win, But as the stats show, some players covered near 13km. That's quite a distance to cover in a match and then to do it again 3 days later!!

I would like to see some rotation here as Chelsea have such a strong squad too, I think we will see some changes for them too.

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham have not won at Stamford Bridge in 27 attempts since February 1990, and I cannot see them changing that dreadful record after watching them against Everton on Sunday.

Yes, Spurs won the game but they look like a collection of individuals and every department of the team looks disjointed.

Chelsea will be frustrated after Sunderland stopped them playing in their 0-0 draw on Saturday evening.

But I do not see Tottenham as being capable of doing the same thing - and I expect their goalkeeper Hugo Lloris to be a very busy man on Wednesday night.

Lawro's prediction: Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2014-15 Premier League Predictions

We got this. Same formation but maybe if Poch thinks Bentaleb is too weak then put Stambouli in. We got this!
BTW since when did TED come back? I loved him

:freund:

Being optimistic, we played 1-1 at the emirates and we could have just as easily finished 2-2 against city. We were unlucky in that defeat and miles away from the performance we saw yesterday. We have a chance to come away from this with a point or three. The ball is round.
Very true.

Against City we should have been 1-0 at HT. Lampard offside for Aguero first goal, and the pen was never a pen. If we weren't chasing the game could have gone down very differently. Ref well and truly fucked that game up.

Very true.

Against City we should have been 1-0 at HT. Lampard offside for Aguero first goal, and the pen was never a pen. If we weren't chasing the game could have gone down very differently. Ref well and truly fucked that game up.
Sorry mate - it's going to take a while to adjust to the new name. I know that was a sensible comment. :dawsonlol:

Very true.

Oh god - even the alert made me howl - KickHerInTheSponge rated your post funny. No, No, the other way round. :lennonlol:

Caught in two minds in regards to how we should go bout this. We are no where near favourites, I don't think ANYONE expects us to win. So do we play like we did against Woolwich, sit back and defend like beavers and look to beat them on the break with the pace of Lennon? - or do we just think, fuck it, work rate, press and go 4-4-2 on their ass like we did against Everton?

Back
Top Bottom