Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bentancur
Sarr Maddison
Johnson Richarlison Son​

Bring Werner off the bench to play against tired legs.

For what? To tire them even more?

Or maybe... you know... put on a good runner to tire opposition out and then bring on lethal finisher when they already are tired? No?

Cause with Werner you don't get nearly as much of goal-threat than Sonny.

There's a big difference between "must win" and "want to win".

We don't really expect to beat City or Liverpool at their place, but a win would be nice, unless we'd get relegated if we didn't win, in which case yes it's a "must win", with the expectation that we'd lose anyway.

If we want to finish in the top 4, then home games against lower opposition teams at this stage of the season are indeed must wins.
I'd add that the league is made up of more 'must win' games when you're nearer the top, as the games against teams around us are essentially '6 Pointers' (that's why losing at home to Villa is kinda still hurting us!)
Brighton are only 8th, they're hardly relegation fodder... and a defeat to them, coupled with the away game there would mean we've lost 6 points to a single opponent... Those 6 points might've come in handy come the end of the season.

The further up the table we are, the bigger the expectation to win more games, against better opponents than just the bottom group...

I'd say EVERY home game from now till May is 'must win' ... If only to take a little pressure off some of our upcoming away games!

...whether we do or not, is another matter!

I don't think this particular game is a must win for top 4, there's still plenty of games to play and Villa aren't looking strong at the moment.

Everton was an actual must win game, if we wanted to be title contenders. That ship sailed now.
I don't agree... why would an away game v Everton be more of a 'must win' than a home game against a club significantly closer to us in the table than Everton.

Everton was more of an 'expect to win' and that might have ironically been our undoing.

3 points is 3 points, regardless of who it's against.

Until they start offering 4 points for a win against a team in the top 4 (now wouldn't that be fun?) I think every game at home we should be looking to win...

and at least if we do win those next 3 or so, then when Man City and ArseAnal come to town, we might actually have a bit of manoeuvre and wriggle room for it just be enough to take points OFF them, rather than demanding a win in THOSE types of high octane, all or nothing games... Which is very far from assured!

I don't agree... why would an away game v Everton be more of a 'must win' than a home game against a club significantly closer to us in the table than Everton.
Cause standards for a title charge and standards for top 4 are completely different.

Can't take Richarlison out of the side when he is on such a rich vein of form. What is it now 8 goals in 8 games? and we have to put Son in if he is fit and mentally ready as he is our main man.
For me, the solution is Werner comes out of the side and Son plays on the left.
Not that Werner has done anything wrong.

Was being sarcastic

ah shit

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

... and Black Jacks (probably called Grey Jacks these days) or Fruit Salad. 4 for 1d.

Or if you were really flush, 4d for a frozen Jubbly.

How our teeth survived I'll never know!
Oh yeah. I loved Black Jacks, but Fruit Salad were crap.

How did our teeth survive? They didn't. My fillings had fillings. I'm still paying for it today.

Back
Top Bottom