Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After the late goal conceded at Everton, we're back into 'must win' territory for the next 2-3 home games AT LEAST!

It's not great going into games with the pressure of HAVING to win, but if we wanna stay there or thereabouts, we have to accept this as the minimum requirement for certain games this season, especially at home.

That's not to say the likes of Brighton or Wolves are an easy hit, they're far from it, they're both tricky, but winnable fixtures if we're 'on it'

They're the type of games we HAVE dropped points in, in the past (and bearing in mind we lost both reverse fixtures against them this season) the next 2 home games are a MUST 6 points to put that right!

No excuses...
No hiding place...
Win, just WIN!

Every single game is must win, so is the one after it and the one after that.

I've never understood the must win thing. If any team ever went into a game thinking they'd be ok if they lost, they should all retire on the spot.

Don't think that works with inverted FBs. The middle would get crowded in a hurry. Peak Pool made it work with TAA and Robertson on each side providing service from wide areas.
Don't think that works with inverted FBs. The middle would get crowded in a hurry. Peak Pool made it work with TAA and Robertson on each side providing service from wide areas.
That line up was based on Maureen’s idea that we could use Son and Richy as a double up,front, with Madison behind and 3 pressing midfielders behind them and Udogie and Porro providing the width Instead of being inverted.

After the late goal conceded at Everton, we're back into 'must win' territory for the next 2-3 home games AT LEAST!

It's not great going into games with the pressure of HAVING to win, but if we wanna stay there or thereabouts, we have to accept this as the minimum requirement for certain games this season, especially at home.

That's not to say the likes of Brighton or Wolves are an easy hit, they're far from it, they're both tricky, but winnable fixtures if we're 'on it'

They're the type of games we HAVE dropped points in, in the past (and bearing in mind we lost both reverse fixtures against them this season) the next 2 home games are a MUST 6 points to put that right!

No excuses...
No hiding place...
Win, just WIN!
Agree. If we are genuine CL material, and if the first run of games this season was a better reflection of our potential than the sticky period in the middle, we have to win these next two home games.

I'd imagine Son will be on the bench. See how he feels. Good for morale for him to be back.

Every single game is must win, so is the one after it and the one after that.

I've never understood the must win thing. If any team ever went into a game thinking they'd be ok if they lost, they should all retire on the spot.
There's a big difference between "must win" and "want to win".

We don't really expect to beat City or Liverpool at their place, but a win would be nice, unless we'd get relegated if we didn't win, in which case yes it's a "must win", with the expectation that we'd lose anyway.

If we want to finish in the top 4, then home games against lower opposition teams at this stage of the season are indeed must wins.

We don't really expect to beat City or Liverpool at their place, but a win would be nice, unless we'd get relegated if we didn't win, in which case yes it's a "must win", with the expectation that we'd lose anyway.

If we want to finish in the top 4, then home games against lower opposition teams at this stage of the season are indeed must wins.
I don't think this particular game is a must win for top 4, there's still plenty of games to play and Villa aren't looking strong at the moment.

Everton was an actual must win game, if we wanted to be title contenders. That ship sailed now.

Sorry mate but I don't agree.

If you want to win titles you can't lose any games. You can recover from a couple but every loss is a disaster.

"Must win" is midtable mentality imo.

I get that it doesn't mean the same to you, just saying the way I see it

I don't think this particular game is a must win for top 4, there's still plenty of games to play and Villa aren't looking strong at the moment.

Everton was an actual must win game, if we wanted to be title contenders. That ship sailed now.
Fot the Title, yes it was, as would any game have been TBH, but not for top 4.

Brighton at home? You're probably right that it's not yet a must win for top 4, but it's close to being one. On the other hand Wolves, Palace, Luton, Forest and Burnley at home are all must wins. City and Woolwich? Hopefully not...

Back
Top Bottom