Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh, Ducat.
Animated GIF

Fuck the wide players!
I’d play richi and Son up top with MADDs behind. Then play a stronger midfield. Sarr bent and biss. This would allow the FBs a bit more licence to get forward out wide rather than go through the middle. Both porro (crossing) and destiny (dribbling and running with the ball) our better than our existing wide players.

Fuck the wide players!
I’d play richi and Son up top with MADDs behind. Then play a stronger midfield. Sarr bent and biss. This would allow the FBs a bit more licence to get forward out wide rather than go through the middle. Both porro (crossing) and destiny (dribbling and running with the ball) our better than our existing wide players.
That’s not a bad thought .

That’s not a bad thought .
Think Son and richi would cause more problems by themselves than having an ineffectual wide player offering zilch either attacking wise or in defending. We would 3 good pressers as well with them two and MADDs. Also allows us to deploy MADDs further up top.

Vicario
Porro
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Bentancur
Sarr
Maddison
Kulusevski
Richarlison
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bentancur
Sarr Maddison
Kulusevski Richarlison Werner
[/lineup]

Bench
Forster, Emerson, Dragusin, Davies, Bissouma, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Johnson, Son

I can't see Sonny starting, in fact I wouldn't be shocked to see him rested altogether. He's just gone through two periods of extra time and then hopped on a plane across the world, its also how mentally draining that would be to be the captain of a team that has failed at a major tournament outside of the physical side. Hopefully now we have legitimate bench options, Ange stops this leaving subs late stuff.

7BMzTkV.png

Subs: Forster, Dragusin, Davies, Royal, Højbjerg, Bentancur, Lo Celso, Kulusevski, Son

Edit: I would have our wingers switching sides occasionally but nominally like this. ⬆️

Last edited:
After the late goal conceded at Everton, we're back into 'must win' territory for the next 2-3 home games AT LEAST!

It's not great going into games with the pressure of HAVING to win, but if we wanna stay there or thereabouts, we have to accept this as the minimum requirement for certain games this season, especially at home.

That's not to say the likes of Brighton or Wolves are an easy hit, they're far from it, they're both tricky, but winnable fixtures if we're 'on it'

They're the type of games we HAVE dropped points in, in the past (and bearing in mind we lost both reverse fixtures against them this season) the next 2 home games are a MUST 6 points to put that right!

No excuses...
No hiding place...
Win, just WIN!

We played into their hands in the away game and should have got something in the end. Let’s hope we have learnt from that and don’t do similar. Be a bit more sensible on the ball and we should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom